Mon, Sep 16, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blacklight Filter?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 4:56 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:58 PM

Anybody scene an interesting way to make a blackilight poster?

archdruid ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:44 PM

I've never done a blacklight from digital, so you can ignore this if you like. It seems to me, that you'd have to do a "layer from original", and remove everything but what you want highlighted. the printing would be a two-step process... first would be the normal print, then the "glow" ink would be applied. If you want to do the whole thing in Flourescent inks, they are available, though I don't have any info on specifics. One thing, "Day Glo" paints work very well in this medium, but they would have to be hand applied. Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2006 at 2:53 PM

Attached Link: Luce Filter

Not sure if this is what you';re looking for...

Gill

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 8:00 AM

You could scan a blacklight poster or two. then using the eyedropper capture the colors of the fluorescent inks and make your own palette. Only thing I can think of.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 5:30 PM

I'm thinking really complicated. Something to the effect of changing Color Modes.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 4:06 AM

Are we talking psychodelic style black light?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 1:41 PM

Yep?

keppel ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 10:03 AM

This is the scientific explanation for the effect: Quoted: "Many kinds of color phenomena (particularly in gems and metals) arise because the incident light is absorbed by atoms, and this disturbs the electrons in various ways that create the apparent color. fluorescence arises in natural materials for several different reasons. In the case of fluorescent paints and inks, the incident light disturbs the atom sufficiently to cause it to emit a photon in response, usually at a different wavelength than the light absorbed. At the same time, the paints or inks absorb or reflect light in the way normal paints do. the "fluorescent" effect arises in the wavelengths that are emitted from the atom, rather than reflected, causing the "glowing" effect." Bottom line is that in order to get the effect that you want you will need the proper ink or paint because the paint is actually emitting light. The next best approximation is as bonestructure suggested. The following link will allow you to obtain the RGB colour values of fluorescent paint with the eyedropper. http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/color/unique/fluor.php Shane

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 12:51 PM

I see where knowing which inks to use are important, but then somehow we will need to build another Color Mode though, which is currently beyond my scope of knowledge, as Color Modes either do, or do not, have millions and millions of Colors. My best guess would be to try and figure out wich of the current RGB(Billions of Colors?) colors would pass as Flourescent, and then Map the rest to the nearest relative. Having those inks ready to try an print with would be great if they came with a Color Mode to acuratelyy preview what it is you're printing. Unless you're trying to print more of a Illustration than a photo or render, as I am.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 3:38 PM

file_317036.jpg

You dont mean psychedelic like taking the image on the left and converting it to the image on the right, do you?

If so VM plugins has a vm psychedelic filter in the vm extravaganza toolbox:

Grafnet used to create the above effect from an image I created using Illustrator.

BTW, you should check all these plugins out. You have many useful ones here like vm natural has lightburst, raygun and splash which can be used to create streaming rays of light cutting across your images.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 4:00 PM

Good work Quest! I'm a liilte confused, where are the filters available for DL? I'd love to see that filter on a real photo! = )

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 8:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lunasdatter.dk/test_linkportal_filtre.htm

Oh, I'm sorry, I see that it's disabled (grayed out). Anyway, a google search for "vm extravaganza" brings up this site and I've checked that the download is active, you can also download the others from here also. Just scroll down to the v-w section. Give this one a try. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.