Sat, Oct 19, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 19 3:52 am)

Subject: Poser World - Worth It?

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:03 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

i saw that you can pay $69 a year to get all the content you want....is it worth it.

I'm looking for more vehicles and streets and stufdf like that....i could't find much but i thought i'd ask this community.  If it is lame where do you suggest i go?

thanks,

Rich

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:04 PM · edited Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:07 PM

Poserworld is the best money you'll ever spend on Poser Content! Bar-None! They support all the most popular figures and for the price of their lifetime subscription you get enough content to actually keep you busy for a lifetime!

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:09 PM

i keep going to their product listing and most of the categories have "0" items and i dont even see anything for Jessi....i'm i just looking in the wrong places?

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:24 PM

i'd like to add that they're also responsive to requests.

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:37 PM

Rich, yes you are looking in the wrong places :-) the product listing is where the individual items for sale, these are just a fraction of the models available in the subscription area, if you go back to the front page on the right you'll see a link to the catalog, download that and it will show you images of all the files in a membership area, please be aware that the file is up to date to May of this year, but the site will be updated in the next day or two to show the catalog up-to-date to August.  Also are you aware we have a 30 day moneyback guarantee, if you're not happy with anything just ask for your money back and delete the files :-), Steve, the PoserWorld modelling chappie.

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:44 PM

do you only have clothing and props?  Or can i actually get the figures?  I have Poser 6...

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:48 PM · edited Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:51 PM

Most definitely worth the investment, I purchased a lifetime subscription about a year and half back, and have not regretted it. Not only do they support all the most poular figures, but they also do vehicles, scenery etc.

I've found Steve and the team very approachable with regard to requests and when I had problems accessing the website (Turned out to be my ISP's DNS Servers) they bent over backwards to try and help me resolve the problem.

If you can scrape together the cash for a lifetime subscription, or even an annual subscription, it's well worth as you'll have access to their entire catalogue and any additions they make to it, fdor the full term of your subscription.

It's probably the best investment any Poser owner could make.

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:56 PM

We had clothing, props, scenes, cars, textures, photos but not figures.  At least not the human figures that the clothes are wearing, we support the figures created by the community.  My advice to you would be to go the Daz3d.com and get the free Michael three and Victoria three figures as these are the ones you'll be able to get the most clothes for.  Steve

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:05 PM
Site Admin

As far as how much stuff you get for your money, Poserworld is beyond a doubt, the best deal around. Especially if you're just getting started, buy a Poserworld subscription and you may not need to buy anything else for a while,

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:18 PM

i have those already, but i have issues getting them to work with the content...but i am a newb so it's probably user error.  One last question Steve  :) - and tutorials a newb can actually follow with out being bombarded with terminology that only rocket scientist understand(exaggeration  :))

Thanks for the info guys...afrter i get this answer im sure ill get it....annual

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:20 PM

I just finished renewing my subscription for the 5th or 6th year. I have been subscribing since they went to a paid site. Yes, they are definitely worth it! The service, variety and quality are terriffic.

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:34 PM

you guys convinced me...i just ordered the annual subscprition...thanks for the info guys...im sure you will see alot of poorly rendered images with cool content  :)

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:13 PM

You should have your login details by now Rich,  I'll be honest we don't have a lot tutorials but that's only because we haven't been asked for very many.  If you need any tutorials made just  fire a request over in the forum and we'll certainly try to do what you need.  Actually now I think about it we do have a request for a tutorial about texturing because somebody liked the one Lyrra did recently.  Thank you everybody for your kind words :-), Steve

jan_scrapper ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:23 PM

I love Poser World.  I have been a member for 2 months and just purchased all of the CD's about a month ago.  I will probably get them soon in the mail.

The other day I wanted a business looking outfit for one of the girls.  By golly, I do a search and there it is.

It's like having a bottomless closet of clothes.  And there are props and scenes, backgrounds...knowing I can just download whatever I want, anytime I want is so cool.

I should have thanked you, Steve, so long ago.  I am sorry I didn't.  Thank you big time!!!

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:29 PM

i'm a downloading maniac...but wow you were right..two outfits for jesse...  :(

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:42 PM

We never had many requests for her Rich, I think maybe I count five in the forums, but we had a recent thread called "more clothing for the p6 figures" it mainly discusses clothing for the mail figures but Jessie does get a mention which leads me to think that either she is becoming more popular or more people are buying poser six and don't want to invest extra money in the Daz figures so therefore want more stuff for the poser six figures, either way we have more stuff coming for Jessie but the more people request the more she will get.  You're welcome Jan :-), Steve

richke ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:47 PM

well i love the site...i'll find out tonight if the import into Poser nicely...  :) - i hope so.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:56 PM

oh!  so i should make more requests!  i always, always, always want jessi and miki fits for clothes when you do the multiset thing.  and i'd definitely prefer ones for g1 and g2 males to m3 and luke.  personal preference, but there you go.  i just thought the usefulness of supporting the (free) eF characters went without saying, and that you avoided them on a preference basis.  especially in miki's case, since she's one of the (very) few characters with better support outside of poserworld.

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:43 PM

"avoided them on a preference basis" no not really, though i have to say i don't rate Jessi very high i think she is very unreal as human figures go, but thats a personal thing, my personal preference is Steph 3 and Miki on the female side. I think the time has come to say that there is no figure domination anymore maybe we (i mean PW) need to spread the items created right across the figure spectrum and not consider Vicky 3 to be the master anymore, i welcome any opinions on this......Steve

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:53 PM

Yes it's worth it.  There is a ton of content there and you have access to all of it.

Look at it like this, you could go and buy 10 outfits for $7.00 each and that's all you have.  Or you can spend the same amount of money and get dozens and dozens of outfits for a number of different figures, along with textures, props, hair etc.  It's a fabulous deal.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:57 PM

Less Vicky suits me just fine. Everone makes items for her... and I have bought my last... unless it is something special. I have bought more clothes and shoes for Vic3 than I have for my self.

More clothes for the male figures is what I want, including Luke,David, G3, Apolla, and just one or two items for Ben. I do not recall a single item for Ben and he is Great figure.

As for Mike 3...   how about a Huge fork he was done from day one!

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 5:01 PM

PoserWorld ... worth it ?  A Big Yes!      I'm a lifetimer

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 5:52 PM

yes, less vicky- i can't think of a single thing i really need for her at the moment.  i prefer aiko real and miki for petite characters, as both are just more actually petite women in my eyes (s3 looks to me like a shrunken large woman as opposed to actually petite).  jessi's body is very stylized, but she's the only figure whose default face actually reminds me of a real person i know (though i saw photos of a woman i think was the basis for miki). and glamorous jessi needs new clothes!  she bends great, and gets way too little usage from me because of her tiny wardrobe.  if jessi is successfully remapped to take v3 textures, i'm going to want to do a lot more pics of her immediately.  m3 is just awful in my opinion, and the g2 males have the most realistic  masculine faces on the market, imho.

and i do rather like the scandinavian look of the p6 kids.

if all that was done for the rest of the year were for the guys, any guys, i wouldn't complain.  especially if it had fits for the girls.  the male themes tend to be more activity/task based, which is often helpful and inspiring.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 6:09 PM

More than worth it.  Tops.  It doesn't come any better.

:thumbupboth:

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 7:27 PM

Is it worth it?  IMHO, no. 

It is worth so much more than the price being charged.  But I'm not complaining!

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 8:50 PM

Proud lifetime member, so you can pretty much see my answer to the title question. ;)

As far as Jessie and James, with the new G2 figures coming out (and being free to P6 owners), I suspect that interest in them may well perk up somewhat.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 9:04 PM

For the thousandth time this queston has been asked, the answer is yes, it's well worth it.

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 9:04 PM

Yes!!  If you join for life, your Poser people will never go naked and don't worry, you won't die tomorrow.  Another "lifer."

themomster0 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 9:29 PM

Yes!  Yes!  Best investment I ever made.  I got a year's subsciption and when that expires, I plan on getting a lifetime one.  You just can't go wrong there. 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 9:36 PM

YES!!!!  Steve is great for support for Apollo as well....

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 11:39 PM

me too!! I'm a lifer!!

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 11:56 PM

Yeah I neglected to say I bought a 1 year subscription and renewed to a lifetime membership after seeing all the great stuff there. It helped that by renewing to lifetime they sent me their entire CD collection as a bonus!

"WOWsers Scooby Doo! Where are you under all those freebies?!?"

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 3:34 AM

On hearing the word 'requests' goes into Monty Python mode.

Long shot of old man, tattered clothes, long beard, running towards camera.

Several minutes later.

Close up of old man, out of breath.

"Ordinary and period clothes for Luke and Laura!"

Old man turns around and starts to run back to the horizon.

akanwa ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 7:09 AM

How's the clothing selection for Don and Judy? Those are the only figures I have right now, but I like working with them in the Face Room so I'd be interested in dressing them better.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 7:32 AM

Been with them since the beginning. You will NOT be disappointed. Also every time a new figure comes out they are on it. I would not hesitate to recommend poserworld to anyone. The only problem you will have is if anyonne else in your house wants to use your computer while you are downloading all that content.....lol

seattletim ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 10:21 AM

I am a big fan. I joined last year and feel it is definitely worth it. And things keep getting better - the new scenes they are adding are well done. Tell all your friends and get a life time membership.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 10:23 AM · edited Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:43 PM

Don's included in a few of the MultiSets that I've looked at. I've just peekd and found a Confederate Officer uniform and Fireman's outfit for him. As Steve said though, He does do requests!

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 11:00 AM

Ok, now that's interesting. When i got the ebot about seattletim's reply to this thread my subscription to PoserWorld opened up when i responded to the ebot. Howcome this happened?

Jack

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 11:34 AM · edited Sat, 16 September 2006 at 11:36 AM

file_354282.jpg

That was my fault. I direct linked to that image in my previous post from their subscription site. Guess that means if you don't have a subscription you won't see the picture of Don in his confederate outfit. My bad!

Here's the picture of Don in his uniform for those who don't have the subscription. I'd edit my previous post but it's past the edit timer already.

jefsview ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 11:58 AM

Yes, best bang for one's buck! And look at this thread -- three or four requests for more LUKE and Laura clothes :) And here I thought I was the only one.

Should be something new coming very soon, too. It's always nice to see what's in store with each update.

-- Jeff

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:44 PM
Site Admin

I removed the link to the PW subscription site, so that should solve the problem of the subscription log-in coming up.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 2:45 PM

Thanks Jeff. I'll remember not to link that way again.... I hope.... Age does funny things to a mind. Hehehe....

richke ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 7:28 AM

well it looks like i made the right choice  :)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 10:46 AM

file_354652.jpg

Here's something I did today, trying for a late-Victorian look. RCMP tunic and pants, with a pith helmet freebie from RDNA. The pistol, not very visible, is a Mauser, as carried by Winston Churchill. I don't, offhand, know of anywhere other than Poser World where I would have found anything that would be this close. It probably isn't right for a British officer around 1890, but the RCMP tunic was in the standard military pattern. There are some variations over the last 20 years of the 19th Century, but the chief weaknesses are the cuffs. Other than that, it seems a good match to the 1891 pattern. And the Sam Browne belt may be over the wrong shoulder for an officer.

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:36 PM

There are three things in the universe of Poser that you can't go wrong doing:

1. Get the free Aiko, Vicky, Michael, and Hiro characters at Daz3d.
  2. Get Wardrobe Wizard from PhilC.
  3. Get a subscription to Poserworld.

If you never do fetish or fantasy, you will never -need- to buy anything for Poser again, save maybe some morphing packs.

Poserworld is definately worth it.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.