Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

ypvs opened this issue on May 07, 2013 · 106 posts

Cheers posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 1:33 PM

Cloud servers are usually servers in multiple locations with multiple levels of redundancy. If the power goes down on one location, or there is hardware failure, fire, etc then a back up will kick in at a different location...it could be a different building miles away or the other side of the world.

I see people say that they would  rather trust themselves with their own data, and rightly so, but how many of those same people make regular backups of their data and store it in a totally seperate location. God forbid, but if your house went up in flames, or your computer stolen, would your data be safe? For many, I bet not.

I remember years ago when there was uproar, when it seemed Poser was going the "phone-home" route for licensing, at a time when Poser was being hit heavily by the warez trade. At the time I found it ironic, that the very same people who jumped on Curious Labs about "phoning home" and protecting their assets, also were in uproar when a site was found using their art work without permission and all matter of discussion about how to protect their artwork ensued. As I say, the irony of it!

If Adobe have found a system that protects their assets better than the current one, and gives the user good value for money at the same time, then good for them!! I can understand if it's a system you can't agree with, but I also understand a company wanting to protect their product.

BTW, I'm no Adobe fanboi, I actually despise companies that have a monoply on our trade, but unlike Autodesk, who have just bought out all competition over the years (grrrrrr!), Adobe's dominance is caused by the fact that nobody has come up with something better....ok they bought out Macromedia and a few other small companies, but as far as Photoshop etc...Gimp? Really?...and anything from Coral...hmmmm, not the best company I have had the pleasure to deal with in the past.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------