Mon, Sep 16, 3:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Where have all the flowers gone?

Navim ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 7:19 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Started looking around for some of the old brycer sites tonight and most are gone. Zhanns-place is not to be found, all of the Bryce stuff from Hilltopdesign is gone and most as well from Infiniteedesigns. Wolfiesden is no more either. Not to mention the king, Bill Ellsworth. I remember when the WidowsWeb left the net. It was a sign of things to come I suppose. The masters of Bryce that once posted on the now defunct 3dcommune are not to be found either. Seems that imagination has given way to pre-made everything 3d.

Sadly there seems to be little young blood coming into Bryce and a look at the profile pics pretty much tells the age story. Not that at 65 going on 66 and with two major surgical procedures in two years that I am any better off. Guess I have a few images still percolating in the old brain so perhaps a couple of more years........................  Still I think that Bryce although with its simplistic interface is an incredibly sophisticated program, decades ahead of its time, and for those willing to experiment, a program that will be usable for more decades. Perhaps even its makers did not understand the genius of their 'baby'. Time will tell if we see the flowers again.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 6:11 AM

Attached Link: The Other Place

There's an active Forum at the "other place".

I'm afraid most of my rowdy friends have settled down.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Navim ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 7:24 AM

Quote - There's an active Forum at the "other place".

I'm afraid most of my rowdy friends have settled down.

Lol! My brain is still quite rowdy. I think thats what they call a "dirty old man".

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 9:47 AM
Forum Moderator

TJohn, I have not settled down. Ok! so my face, my gut and my butt have settled downwards, but not me!!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 10:38 AM

Some of us settle? Absolutely not! 

Though it seems my bones creak now when I dance to Pitbull's Tonight.

Tjohn..why is it I can't feel comfy at DAZ? 

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 12:34 PM

file_497828.jpg

So where are your Bryce renders?

You each posted one last year, but so did I, LOL.

At least I have an excuse, I got into DS and have posted several renders this year.

I haven't given up on Bryce, I've just been more inspired to work with characters.

I've dabbled in Bryce a bit, but haven't produced anything gallery-worthy yet, but you never know. :^)

As far as comfort level goes, Chohole is an Admin over there, so it's not like you don't know anyone over there. And Cho and I still read the Bryce Forum here, too. There's enough of me to go around, LOL.

As a catchup kinda thing, I turned 60 last week, and this is what I look like now. (although I'm more than a disembodied head)

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Navim ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 12:41 PM

OK Rosie, where is your current picture and or age? I just posted another pic today although it is a rehash of an older image.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 10:36 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2013 at 10:40 PM

file_497847.jpg

Hmmm...age? Never ask a woman that. If thebryster reads this..don't you dare. Pix? Shot a month ago. 

bryce render? The strawberry still life one.. latest working on. 

My excuse for being low keyed? Volunteering at Museum of London and Horniman Been flying between UK and India.. now in India..more time on my hands to render..hence still life. Off to Spain in Oct..back to UK in Dec..and things are gonna get tougher..am heading back to study..registering to do an associateship with a museum organization.. I get a mentor and I have to be with a Museum thru out the three years. Planning on specializing in digital  archiving and digital restoration. But it seems I get to learn every single bit of a museums back end. 

I also seem to have gripes with DS and bryce.. and though it's brye 7pro..the latest edition..DS seem to be giving me a nitemare that I just don't want to tackle. 

Daz? great! I'll pop back there and get used to it all.  I think I need to get ebots..

tjohn..you still look like santa claus to me. :-) 

artbymivan.. i've changed the lighting and a few things around that still life. Will put it up soon. I need to post work it..but want to render to disc a large sized one to do the post work, 

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 10:37 PM

and yes..i did get soaked wet. 

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 11:31 PM

But you looked lovely when you got soaked, Rosie. :-D

I am still posting images, but am not much on the forum.
Sorry. :-(

Corrie

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 5:25 AM

Ho ho ho... :^)

Navim ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 7:13 AM

Thanks for the update Rosie and good luck on the upcoming job/internship. Digital archiving has been a concern of mine for some time now. Slowly moving everything from aluminum based CD's to gold CD's.

Mike

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 7:32 AM

I'm still around too, although not doing much.  I have a physiotherapy appointment today at 3 pm - hooraaaay!  At long last!

I've been working on a craft video to upload to youtube, but I've had to cut loads, speed up loads and re-record the audio and I'm still not sure it's any good.

It's for practice as I've agreed to do a live demo of 'messy stuff' at a monthly craft meeting I go to.

I'd rather be doing Bryce, and want to sell some 3d stuff, so need renders but can't sit at my desk for long without pain - hence the delight at the Physio appointment.

My but Rosie does look good in that shot!

TJohn, the lighjting in your face shot makes you look less like Santa to me than the lead in some dark movie... lol!

Rosie, yes I too can't enjoy Daz properly and I don't know why either, maybe it's the huge amount of silliness, and off topic daft stuff - nope, can't be that, we aren't often on topic here either! and as for silliness, I'm sure we have them beat on that, or maybe it's that we are more inventively silly?

Yes, Mike, it's sad to see places like Zhann's Place and Wolfiesden vanishing like that, but it's the lack of young blood that's a big worry for us Brycers - there was a good big influx when the last issue of Bryce7 was released, but Daz just failed to follow it up with updates and other support, so things - and people -just drifted away...

sad, very sad I'm afraid.

And no I haven't got a new render in the pipeline, just promo shots I'm afraid.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 7:39 AM

file_497917.jpg

PS, here's one of those flowers you were so worried about:

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 10:16 AM

I still Bryce some but lately it has been to build a simple scene, render it, then massage the heck out of it in 2d apps like PhotoShop or Painter. 

I agree with Fran that Daz dropped the ball and no longer seems to care.  While there may be some activity at that other place's forum, it has been too long since anything has been "officially" addressed concerning bugs and such.  Sadly this site's Poser roots has all but killed the the other applications here, imho. Bryce became a render engine for scenes built in Poser or just a convenient way to place ready-made .obj items over water and hills.    

I know Zhann moved on years ago but why is she still listed as this forum's coordinator? 

Some of the older crowd occasionally tried to breathe life into the forum and via challanges, mini challenges and shared techniques to no avail.  People seem to ooh and ahh, say" thank you for that" but never return posted any of their own experimentation.  I guess it is just too much work for a instant gradification crowd nowadays.

When is the last time anyone ever even mentioned DTE?   

tjohn, I've got you beat on the beard and years on this planet.

Rosie, how many times do I have to pop the question?  (back off guys, I saw her first)

Breaking news!  AgentSmith got married!

Navim ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 11:06 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2013 at 11:07 AM

Its sad to see a pioneering program like Bryce get swept out the door. But I am glad a few of us are still around. Fran, thanks for the flower. I remember when you joined BryceTalk. Some wondered about your screen name. Remember Lisa? Haven't heard of her in years. So many others whose names are forgotten but their art remembered. Perhaps that is how we will be remembered? I remember when I first joined an online art group, the Pink Flamingo as I recall, it was swallowed up by Renderositys predecessor and my membership was lost eventually so I had to rejoin in 2004. Sorry skilwigee but I have been watching Rosie longer than you, and watching and watching......................

Cheers

Mike

65 and still kicking, just not as high...............

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 11:21 AM

Oh no Mike.  I haven't swam half way around the globe for nothing. (can't afford plane fare, I'm saving it for the honeymoon it case she changes her mind) 

Navim ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote - Oh no Mike.  I haven't swam half way around the globe for nothing. (can't afford plane fare, I'm saving it for the honeymoon it case she changes her mind) 

Grin! A wise choice!

Mike

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 3:36 PM

Come to the Dark Side...

Bwahaha!

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 2:11 AM

Fran! Do you remember this post? It took us four long pages..http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2731773&page=1  subject was: laser flower..any idea how they be done?? Just in case you can't get that link.  and lol..you used that same flower. I miss those days for sure. Did we manage to work out that mat.? 

Thanks Peedy and Fran. It ws so hot that day. I didn't mind getting wet. Fran..really sorry to here about your physio. Can't you try yoga? The gentle one? it does help, if you get it right. 

Now..tut tut..calm down boys. No need to word fight. I suggest a duel with swords. And whoever shall win, I shall think about getting married to them. Willie..oreos dipped in peanut butter by the time you reach? 😉 Mike? You need to love peanut butter and chocolate, swear by bacon, and die for donuts and fish and chips (with vinegar ad mayo!). 😉 

Oh..yeah..besides AS getting married.. he chopped his hair. 

btw..I don't mind making a fool of myself here..does Daz forums have ebots like here? Too scared to ask..and I can't see anything like that. I get their newsletter. 

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 3:42 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2013 at 3:45 AM

Yep to the ebots. :^)

You start a thread, or post in a thread, you're subscribed to that thread until you unsubscribe. 

As far as making a fool of one's self, I do it all the time. Doesn't hurt a bit. :^D

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 4:40 AM

lol.. i just got a post from chohole..so it makes it a bit comfy. 

ebots though out there are only to posts you subscribe to..or answered or wrote yourself? not ..'tjohn has posted to the bryce forum' ebot? 

sorry for being a pest.. 😕

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 6:06 AM

Cho is the Admin/Mod for the Bryce Forum there.

BTW, I'm not encouraging anyone to leave here for good; I haven't, and won't as long as this Forum lasts (and I do).

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 7:22 AM

Oi Rosie! I will go for everything except the vinegar on the fish and chips but I know that you wouldn't be interested in a rich old fart like myself with one leg in the grave anyway. "Mike, always the fisherman casts his bait and settles back for the strike!"

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 8:29 AM

Tjohn..yup..she and I have been psoting each other about my teething probs there. I even got my name there as erosiaart..so hooray! 

And no way am I gonna leave here. What I post here..I'll post there and vice versa. 

Mike.. I'll forgive you if you don't put vinegar on your fish and chips..thugh I'll say you missing a really good zing. To amuse you.. my sister's sister in law once told me this..find a rich very old man..who's so ill..hire a nurse to look after him, go out and have a ball, spending his money. He'll die soon..and you can have the time of your life afterwards. I was in splits and tears... this woman has grand kids and thatw as her wise advice to me.. watch out for dolphins who turn into sharks dear man. Am not one of them..but they lurk! :rolleyes: 

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 9:30 AM

file_497964.jpg

Curses on anyone who tries to steal Rosie away!

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 9:31 AM

Oh my......................... ;-)

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 10:26 AM

oops...

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 10:37 AM

"watch out for dolphins who turn into sharks dear man. Am not one of them..but they lurk"

Odd that you would say that Rosie as I worked with dolphins as a young man and we have just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. She is an attornery. Now retired, I have morphed into a professional patient; part brycer.......................

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2013 at 11:47 PM

Happy 27th anniversary!! Hope you two keep carvorting together forever happy. 

Oh man..I changed the bowl texture to glass..and render times..horrendous. also changed the strawberries mat// lemme set it up to render tonight (it's 10 am here.. ) so I can post work it and then put it up out here

IceScribe ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 7:10 PM

Hi Guys,

I just loaded up a Flinks product into Bryce, one of his with the raindrops on the leaves, and thoroughly enjoyed the default lighting, the neat details, the sky, my homemade road and a modified tree rendering out. Nothing to post, I was just trying out some stuff. I've been learning more about DAZ in order to help a friend who prefers the more glossy renders and is focussed on characters, but my DAZ version stops at 4.0. There is plenty of stuff to work with in that. At some point, I just like to fire up my Bryce and "go there".

Don't do too much with the DTE because it's a known bug that causes Bryce to crash if I do more than 2 changes to a texture base. The image one seems more robust, and I do a lot of applying other textures/materials/surfaces.

Often get email notifications about others who post this forum, but I don't seem to be very good at forums. I kind of gave up at "the other place". I don't know enough to help and know enough to get by, I think but I'm interested in complete scenes, not just obscure techniques. I've posted quite a few renders here at the Rendo gallery, and I will get back to it again, because it's just plain fun. Yeah, I'm not "new blood". I'm still surprised by getting AARP mail and funeral plans, LOL!

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2013 at 8:38 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2013 at 8:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Well you made it to this forum so you're doing ok so far! Good to see you!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

StuartB ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 8:46 AM

@tjohn

"As a catchup kinda thing, I turned 60 last week, and this is what I look like now. (although I'm more than a disembodied head)"

Please take this as a compliment. You have a striking resemblance to Donald Sutherland in that photo. Apart from his eyebrows which seem to have a life of their own.

Have you ever been his stunt double :)

Navim ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote - #### @tjohn

"As a catchup kinda thing, I turned 60 last week, and this is what I look like now. (although I'm more than a disembodied head)"

Please take this as a compliment. You have a striking resemblance to Donald Sutherland in that photo. Apart from his eyebrows which seem to have a life of their own.

Have you ever been his stunt double :)

Sixty? Sixty! Danged bunch of young whippersnappers(G)! Turned 66 on the 24th of this month. Am I the oldest brycer alive?

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 2:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Sixty? Sixty! Danged bunch of young whippersnappers(G)! Turned 66 on the 24th of this month. Am I the oldest brycer alive?

Not for much longer..........................

Just kidding.:lol:

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 10:23 PM

Bryce has been good to me.  Most of the products I bought at Daz3D were with credit from images I submitted to the Bryce gallery there.

My concern with Bryce was always the conflict between the purists and the non-purists.  Put a cramp in my style.  If Brycers hadn't been so opposed to importing ready made product I think the market would have held out longer for Bryce.  Problem is Daz3D seems to care very little for the ugly step-child software.  Doesn't bring in enough revenue.

I still fire it up now and then but I don't render anything anymore.  Mostly vector stuff now.

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2013 at 7:31 AM

Quote - Bryce has been good to me.  Most of the products I bought at Daz3D were with credit from images I submitted to the Bryce gallery there.

My concern with Bryce was always the conflict between the purists and the non-purists.  Put a cramp in my style.  If Brycers hadn't been so opposed to importing ready made product I think the market would have held out longer for Bryce.  Problem is Daz3D seems to care very little for the ugly step-child software.  Doesn't bring in enough revenue.

I still fire it up now and then but I don't render anything anymore.  Mostly vector stuff now.

Now that I am retired and with one foot in the grave according to the mods(G), I have time to use Bryce almost daily and for a program that I started using with vers3 I am still amazed at its abilities.

As to a conflict about using imported models that's too bad for any naysayer. Have you ever tried to create a giraffe, a log or an Edsel from primitives or nurbs? Sorry I have neither the time for that nor the patience. Now for textures that is a totally different story. The dte is a work of genius for those who take the time to understand it.

It seems Daz has been taken over by the dreaded MBA bugs and has become obsessed with profit and has little interest in working with Bryce. In fact they seem to be moving towards a substitute program, Carrara, and devoting little to improving Bryce. Not surprising as the Bryce architecture is dated and it is in need of a re-write. So fine for them as there are literally thousands of models, characters and programs on the net for little or nothing in cost. In fact at some of the other communities of which I am a member there is a lot of conversation among many about how difficult Daz is to work with for content developers and outright anger about the new Daz Studio and its attendent content program, and they are not using it, preferring to use Poser.

I will probably continue to use Daz Studio simply because I find it simpler and quicker for creating content for Bryce and as a content library but that is all and as soon as my old dual quad machine gets repaired I will be re-installing some of the older versions of DS on it and isolating it from the net so as to avoid any outside control. Will I buy Brycarrara? Why spend money on that when it can be used to buy additional content instead? Maybe DAZ management will awaken to the fact they are screwing themselves but by that time a lot of their former customers will be happily living elsewhere!

Burpee ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 10:45 AM · edited Sat, 30 November 2013 at 10:45 AM

Funny thing is that I still have Vue6Infinite, took 3 online classes for it and I still prefer to open Bryce.  If its trees and skies had been better (with the version I was using at the time) then I wouldn't even have needed Vue. (of course you do have to love Vue's populate materials).

There's just something about the way a stock Bryce render looks that makes me go 'yes'.  It doesn't need to be hyper-realistic.  In fact, I will take a photograph if I want realistic.  Not a fan of the super realism look. 

I think that renders will be moving away from the super realistic and back to a more abstract look.  Bryce does surreal and abstracts better than most other programs, imo, I hope it gets a second life by users finding it for that purpose.

...or maybe Daz3D will let Bryce go and someone innovative will pick it up.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 11:08 AM

For more trees and such check out Marlinstudios.com. Lot cheaper than buying Vue and they have some populate stuff.

I don't know about a movement away from hyper-realism as it seems the current generation(s) are more concerned with "cool" than classical. What was the last time you heard the Blue Danube waltz on the radio or a tour of the Ringling Museums collection of Rembrandts on television? People do not relate to quality anymore. That concept has been destroyed by consumption oriented capitolism. I would in fact wager if you were to ask 10 people on the street who Rembrandt was that accurate responses would not be readily forthcoming.

Anyway lets keep on Brycing and hope Daz will sell it to someone who cares!

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2013 at 10:08 AM · edited Sun, 01 December 2013 at 10:09 AM

Well, for that train of thought, lots of people think that New Mexico is in Mexico :) :)

speaking of trains, whatever happened to the train that the admin BrycerTech or TheBryster fellow was making from primitives?  ...or whatever his name was....geeze, where'd I leave my brain?

Navim ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2013 at 12:04 PM

file_499801.jpg

Yeah well go ask New Yorkers where New Amsterdam was, lol! Anyway here is a train for you. All 'board the Hogwarts Christmas Express.

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2013 at 9:01 AM

Lol, thanks for the Polar Express image!

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2013 at 1:57 AM

Hey, a thread about the old days, cool!

My excuse for not being here as much as I used to? Turning into a workaholic programmer, getting involved in 4 start-ups simultaneously and spending the remaining free time with the gf.

I sadly must admit I haven't opened bryce for a while, though I do have a copy of bryce 7 laying around just in case life calms down a little bit...

Despite not spendign as much time anymore I do still spend time working with Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Indesign. Mostly when people need a go-to guy that whip out something decent at the last minute.

I've also spent about 3 years doing VJ perfromances at various clubs as well as some illegal raves, which is absolutely wicked fun! I use a program called Resolume, which is like a little real-time photoshop and video editor in one. You can blend multiple video's in layers, apply filters and effects to any clip, layer or composition, set up macro's that respond to keys on your keyboard.

So I make sure I have a library of hundreds of random graphics, open 3-6 video tracks, and improvise, tuning the video's to roughly match the beat and just go wild with layers and filters. The result gets beamed onto screens in the club and people are presented with a festival of colorful madness to go with the music.

Oh and because I always liked the photo threads back in the day. Here's the obligatory somewhat-recent picture that I'm still live! And yes, that's a hamster cage in the background... B-)

Me

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Burpee ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2013 at 9:06 AM · edited Fri, 13 December 2013 at 9:07 AM

(_/) (='.'=) (")(")

Well, you have been a busy boy and such interesting endeavors.  I must admit that the most exciting thing I do is make a batch of cookies.

Lookin' good, btw.  I never was a jaw dropper (that was my sister) but I won't break the camera.  Still, won't post anything, so you're all alone here :)

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quote - (_/) (='.'=) (")(")

Well, you have been a busy boy and such interesting endeavors.  I must admit that the most exciting thing I do is make a batch of cookies.

Lookin' good, btw.  I never was a jaw dropper (that was my sister) but I won't break the camera.  Still, won't post anything, so you're all alone here :)

Cookies are good!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2013 at 1:49 PM

Theres nothing wrong with baking cookies :D  In fact, while I'm not so good at baking (í'll leave that to the gf) I do enjoy being in the kitchen. I'm far from a professional cook or anything like that, but I enjoy messing around with various ingredients... 

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2013 at 7:24 PM

Righteous beard Rayraz!

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2013 at 10:59 PM

nice to see another "old days" string...

and as one of the older hands, it's really nice to see some "old" faces..and I do mean that with all due respect.

Of late, it does seem that DAZ is letting bryce go the way of the DODO...sad, but...as even with STAR TREK NG, ALL GOOD THINGS MUST END.

Bryce is a pioneering program to allow the masses access to 3d rendering. I rem my first experience with it..and all that I went through from then til now.  The heartache and the picking up where that was left off...the family that we all had then. In all honesty, I guess we're kinda "cult" in following it.  At least, that used to be the way. Now, I don't know that is the case.  Sad, but true.  I've tried a lot of the old sites I used to go to..and most do not exist any more.  Most free model sites are gone. Many tutorial sites..the same.  Nearly all bryce "power" sites are gone or totally inactive.

As I've said in the past, if not for all the little stuff like food, shelter, clothing..we could all focus on our Bryce passion!

so Hi all.  I'm no longer brycing..havent for years. My big computer is not even hooked up now. (prob should sell it) and I havent even done a simple model in..years.  I'm a full time Health IT tech now and while the money is really good, the pleasure is not the same as when I had a lesser job and could indulge in my passions.  At 47, I guess I've had to "grow up"..but, I don't feel 47..I still want to render the chrome spheres over water! I still love seeing the "silver surfer" renders.  I still love seeing the old things that are new again as someone else discovers bryce. Its so much like watching a kid see a large gold fish for the first time at a chinese restaurant.  The awe in the expression and the pleasure, is just not something anyone can bypass.

Congrats to AS. I guess someone finally rendered an image that captured his heart. Good on him! Best of luck...hard to imagine him without that insanely long hair!  Would be nice to hear from him again.

you know what, we should have an "old timers" reunion..like the old bryce camps where we could all meet one more time before this flame goes out. I doubt anyone will pick it up again... really, I do. Itd be nice if as many as can could go and some new could also appear.  I guess Dan and clan have moved on with Poser and left Bryce to fade into our memories.  Just a thought...but if it were to happen, I'd be there if at all possible!

fondest memories and renders to all!

BT

Navim ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2013 at 7:04 AM

"We should have an old timers reunion".

I am actively Brycing and still learning new tricks with the software. Recently found Bryce5.com thanks to someone here. Not a lot of chitchat but images are routimely posted there. There is a semi active group on the Delphi Forums and I have found a home on Thefantasiesattic.net. which allows up to 5 uploads daily at 2000kb and no thumb necessary.

Still wonder what happened to the "Red Rope" and other Bryce creations.  Many have gone to Vue but the new lighting abilities of Bryce and the ability to import models directly from Daz Studio into Bryce make that combo hard to beat in my opinion.

I too was held up creatively for many years due to the demands of work and more recently in retirement, issues of health and moving into our retirement home, but now with more free time on my hands I find Bryce to be a welcome addition just as it was when I picked up my first copy back in the 90's. Bryce is my time machine. It allows me to travel from prehistoric times to the victorian era and into space and the future. Wonder where I will go today?

wscottart ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2013 at 7:12 PM

Wow Franontheedge, I don't know if its because I wear glasses or not but that image just really jumps out off the screen at me. I've noticed lately with polarized or coated lenses blue on black in HD screens just really pops.

Navim ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2013 at 7:59 PM

It's good that you have glasses...................

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.