Fri, Sep 20, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: New "dolls" for the "ladies" to play with.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 3:09 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

file_2b24d495052a8ce66358eb576b8912c8.jp As the title says;

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 3:11 PM

Nice one Vilters :-P

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 3:21 PM

Cute, Tony!  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 3:23 PM

I thought there would be male dolls for the ladies. Oh, well.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 3:44 PM
Site Admin

I thought there would be male dolls for the ladies. Oh, well.

Lol, so did I.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 5:31 PM

Oh? You ladies want "male" dolls.
Euh. . . .  with or without the "ON-OFF" switch?
LOL.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:43 PM

Images like this give me bad dreams! LOL!!!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 6:40 AM

You should release these ladies into the wild, Tony as they are based on the Poser Pro Distributable meshes... :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 6:46 AM · edited Thu, 02 July 2015 at 6:46 AM

@Rokket
Ah, you too! - I thought I was the only one :-D

For me, it's the eyes and mouths that creep me out, they always look as if they're planning something creepy between them (especially the group shots).
A bit like those creepy dolls with a switch on the back of their head to make the eyes move :-P

And they always have that unsettling grin!

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 7:13 AM

@Rod
What do you mean, that he's allowed to redistribute that complete figure without restrictions?
I'm just curious cause I thought SM had strict rules about the Poser meshes.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 7:27 AM

file_7f1de29e6da19d22b51c68001e7e0e54.jp Ah, you thought they did not have expressions? Nodes?
Think again... LOL.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 7:33 AM

Yes Pumeco, these PoserPro meshes (male and female, medium and Low Res) come without restrictions.

If my memory is correct, the medium resulution meshes are some 36.000, and these Lo Resolution meshes are default around some 7.900 polygons.

But what you see above is an upgraded PoserPro Low Polygon female mesh.
I have several of those, ranging all around some 8.000 to 8.300 polygons.

And I could distribute them without any restrictions.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 8:31 AM · edited Thu, 02 July 2015 at 8:37 AM

file_38b3eff8baf56627478ec76a704e9b52.jp

And you did not see her angry yet did ya !

That's her expression when she sees the forum state, or visits the current freestuff area. What a mess;

(or when a "V" comes too close. LOL.)

PS: For the tech guys: This is a progressive render.

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 9:37 AM

@Vilters
Are you talking about the Poser Pro licence though, or them being called Poser Pro figures?
Does the licence freedom apply with Poser 10 for example?

If it does, have to say it seems crazy not to put more effort in to make people aware of it, and from what you're telling me, it even sounds as if you can modify the mesh and ... sell it?  Makes me wonder why they don't use the same licence for all the figures, for Roxie etc.  Would make vendors life easier and the figures more popular (and always good to have the low-poly figures).

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 10:02 AM

The PoserPro series of figures initially came a LONG time ago wint a PoserPro version.
They have a seperate folder.
Their purpose is testing only.

But I have to warn you. The meshes "as they come" need a complete workover to get where I am now. And expressions and so on, are mine.

Have you not seen the "default meshes" in another post of me?

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 10:44 AM

@Vilters
I have indeed, which makes me all the more curious why you don't release her.  Despite all the fun I have with your figure posts, I do have a lot of respect for how well you've refined the body etc.  A person only has to look at the original and then yours to appreciate how much better (and natural) the body of your mesh looks.  So if she's to the standard you want, why not pretty her face up a bit, and release her?

If you release her as a figure, then you'd be able to start working on stuff for her, knowing that the main figure is to the standard you want to work with.  Surely that is ideal. so I don't see the point in keeping her to yourself like that when you obviously put so much time and effort into her.

Pretty her face up and release her!

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 11:02 AM

@Rokket
Ah, you too! - I thought I was the only one :-D

For me, it's the eyes and mouths that creep me out, they always look as if they're planning something creepy between them (especially the group shots).
A bit like those creepy dolls with a switch on the back of their head to make the eyes move :-P

And they always have that unsettling grin!

If these creep you out then never, never walk into a room loaded with porcelain dolls.  My mother used to collect them and she had a room full of them.  You always felt like you were being watched.  Enough to make your skin crawl.

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 11:31 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity, violence

@icprncss2
I know what you mean, there's something really creepy about some types of doll, especially if there's a lot of them.  I remember seeing this movie the day we got our first VHS machine, cause it was also the first day we went to the video shop looking for movies to take out, and this movie "Dolls" was one of the movies we came home with :-D

Ah yes, classic 80's movie this, about a family who break-down during a storm and end-up sleeping at house where an old dollmaker and his wife lives.
The dolls are evil, still love this movie even now, I love the atmosphere it has - the feel of it.

Anyway, well worth a watch, it's basically a horror with some humour thrown if for good measure, one of those movies you never forget (well I never anyway) :

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.