Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 29, 2015 · 761 posts

dml2000 posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 9:22 AM

It looks like anytime a thread consumes more than two pages we get a series of post thrashing this or that, Sorry but is it that hard for the average person to stay on the thread topic.  Even the OP requested us to not trash this or that, or start some flaming posts, and yet the trashing still happens.. 

Now to stay on topic.. I use V4 primarily because she is easy to work with, and I have an extensive runtime library of some 300+gb of V4,  items to use for her in Poser.

Although I exploited a few funds for a V5 pro pack and DSON  to try V5 out,  I found the process too time consuming, So I went back to V4.  Does V4 have mesh flaws, of course she does, and so BTW does the new V7 from images I view.  I am however skilled enough to correct minor flaws using post work tools and I still produce work for my clients in a timely manner.  And as long as I can find fresh content from vendors who still produce V4 items I will continue to support them. Yet sadly I'm discovering less V4 content in the store in favor of DS Items..   So a plea to any vendor reading this... Please do not abandon the V4 consumers. Not asking you to give up creating DS products, but how difficult is it to offer a V4 version at the same time?

Regards DML2000