Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 29, 2015 ยท 761 posts

AmbientShade posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 5:32 PM

This thread is getting too far off-topic and hostile in nature. I don't see anywhere where the OP asked about SM's business practices.

@FVerbass: As long as you aren't redistributing any of Roxie's original coding or parts (ercs, jcms, morphs, etc), then there's nothing in Poser's EULA that prevents you from distributing your custom Roxie character. The figures exist to serve as a base to build new content on.

There are several utilities available that make it easier to create custom character sets for any figure. And you can do it yourself by hand just by following various tutorials available on the subject. Dimension3D has a program here in the store called Poser File Editor that helps with all that. It just takes a bit of time to learn how the program works and what needs to be done.

As for the original subject of the thread: I use V4 and M4 because they are the figures that I do commission work for. I don't get commission requests for any of the other figures available, but I'd be glad to do work for any of them if the requests came in. For my personal work I use P6 James and a couple others. I like James the best because he is the most anatomically accurate of all the native poser figures so far, he just has some issues with his rigging and mapping that are a pain to deal with.