Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 29, 2015 · 761 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 7:36 AM

Why are you still using V4? That question just made my toes curl.

Why wouldn't we use V4? It's not like we doing anything wrong by using her.

There is more then a decade worth of content and resources available and still new add-ons for V4 are developed by many!

The more content the more chance you find the objects to visualize your concepts.

It's like drawing with colorpencils, there are packs with 10 colors, but those cases with 300 colors is what is most fun!

So in my opinion...A new figure that can use V4 clothing has an advantage over other more recent figures who cannot.

To over and over again buy the same content for a different figure is just a vicious circle.

I like the analogy of the colour pencils, I think that is what some users do not grasp fully, it is not the sheer amount of products that are available for V4 but the flexibility it gives.  A very large percentage of my renders that use V4 are sci-fi related, yet there are probably only a dozen, if that, good sci-fi outfits for V4.  Using the vast catalogue  of V4 outfits I can mix and match to create my own outfits.  From twenty or thirty outfits I can have an almost endless number of sci-fi or futuristic looking styles.  No other figure gives me that size of pallet to work with.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.