Mon, Sep 16, 2:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: POSES – Can I edit a pose to remove the x y z movement / translation?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2019 at 4:28 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:32 AM

I have a complex scene set up with the figures far removed from the 0,0,0 coordinates. But when I use some poses the figure is automatically repositioned to the dead center (0,0,0) of my scene.

Is there an easy way to open up a pose file (maybe in a text editor) and remove these coordinate changes? Or can I set a figure to ignore those translations/movements along the x,y,z coordinates (there is a way to do this in Daz Studio – just hold down the CTRL key when applying a pose and you can see a dialog that gives you the option to ignore those changes).

Or any other suggestions on how I can quickly and efficiently get around this issue?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

ypvs ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2019 at 6:52 PM · edited Sun, 02 June 2019 at 6:54 PM

I use NotePad+ for editing poses and materials- it's free and scrolls through large files quicker than MS Notepad or Write. There are keyboard shortcuts to move quickly through the document and to select large chunks

I use the Show In Explorer from within Poser (windows only) to open the folder. You will need to delete the section at the top (about 50 lines) from actor BODY:1 down to the three closing brackets after the translatez ztran section, Save when done OR Save As with a slightly modded filename. Copy and Paste the old Icon and rename to match the new pose.

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2019 at 7:01 PM

ypvs posted at 7:01PM Sun, 02 June 2019 - #4352568

I use NotePad+ for editing poses and materials- it's free and scrolls through large files quicker than MS Notepad or Write. There are keyboard shortcuts to move quickly through the document and to select large chunks

I use the Show In Explorer from within Poser (windows only) to open the folder. You will need to delete the section at the top (about 50 lines) from actor BODY:1 down to the three closing brackets after the translatez ztran section, Save when done OR Save As with a slightly modded filename. Copy and Paste the old Icon and rename to match the new pose.

Thanks! I will try that tonight and let you know how it goes.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

ypvs ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2019 at 7:14 PM

A slight mistype- its Notepad ++

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2019 at 11:46 PM

ypvs posted at 11:41PM Sun, 02 June 2019 - #4352571

A slight mistype- its Notepad ++

Thank you VERY much! The edits you suggested worked perfectly and were very easy to make. In the case of the files I have, the code actually started with

actor hip:1

But, it was very easy to read the file and delete about 50 lines of code. I then tested a few of the edits and the pose worked without moving the figure back to the 0,0,0 coordinates.

(Also, no worries about the Notepad + vs Notepad ++ typo – I was actually familiar with the app, even though I hadn't used it in several years).

Thank you again, you have saved my sanity and increased my productivity!

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

ypvs ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2019 at 4:09 AM

I also edit pose files to change a flat footed pose to one wearing heels (normally female!!). You have to pose the feet and toes manually then raise the hip to get the figure to the floor to get the bend angles and hip ytran (in Poser units). I normally use Save As and copy the icon to keep both version

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2019 at 9:29 AM

ypvs posted at 9:27AM Mon, 03 June 2019 - #4352588

I also edit pose files to change a flat footed pose to one wearing heels (normally female!!). You have to pose the feet and toes manually then raise the hip to get the figure to the floor to get the bend angles and hip ytran (in Poser units). I normally use Save As and copy the icon to keep both version

Thanks for the tip! And thanks again for the info. Tonight I'm going to edit about 30 pose files that I would like to use in the future. As I said, this will really speed up some of my upcoming work.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2019 at 9:29 AM

ypvs posted at 9:27AM Mon, 03 June 2019 - #4352588

Thanks for the tip! And thanks again for the info. Tonight I'm going to edit about 30 pose files that I would like to use in the future. As I said, this will really speed up some of my upcoming work.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.