Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scatter Tool

arrow1 opened this issue on May 12, 2020 ยท 42 posts

FVerbaas posted Wed, 13 May 2020 at 2:05 AM Forum Coordinator

For me it worked without any problem even with the .zip just unpacked and Poser opening the .py. It works smoothly. Pleasure to work with.

The only (small) roblem I have is that it does not truly do what the name suggests: scatter, so arrange randomly. It can copy props or figures on a random vertex in the geometry of the 'scatter plane'. The number of objects of a type you can attach is limited by the number of vertices, and objects are arranged along the edge loops. If on a regular mesh the number of vertices is large relative to the number of objects placed on it, the end result will have a good feeling of randomness, especially if you choose somewhat irregular shaped objects to scatter and apply rotation. (Not the spheres I used on a low poly ground surface LOL!)

Alternative is of course to use a Delaunay tri-mesh for the ground object. You then have scattered vertices to begin with, and result will not look regular at all but the area will just fill up nicely when the number of objects approaches the number of vertices.