Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: HiveWire Closing Down

arrow1 opened this issue on Dec 01, 2020 ยท 51 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 1:08 PM

I do wonder at the longevity of Dawn/Dusk though. Nobody in >DS uses it that I'm aware of.

No one uses any third party Figures in DS ( possible exceptions being occasional sci fi mechs by PA's like DZfire)

IMHO trying to get a third party, non genesis human figure,adopted by the Daz studio user base, is a pointless excercise as Genesis 8 is the primary figure of the Daz eco system.?

Sixus-1 gave up on his stand alone monsters for DS years ago likely because people prefer Character morphs for the latest genesis figures for uninterrupted compatibilty with their existing clothing /content purchased from the Daz store.?

Unified Character ecosystems seems to be the successful model for getting skilled vendors on board in this hobbiest market.

(Former poser merchant Xurge3D, is a prolific Content seller in the Reallusion marketplace these days)

Hivewire appeared to be attempting this type of unified Character eco system when they stopped allowing venders to sell exclusively for figures other than Dawn & Dusk .

So now you have a situation where the Dawn & Dusk content will be exclusively at RMP competing directly with LF/LH for vendor support ?

Even Reallusion has moved to ONE set of uniform base figures that can share same clothing and skins which certainly made life easy for me when I migrated my content development from the Daz/Genesis eco system to the Iclone/CC3 base Avatars.?

UNSC DESIGN BLUE.png

My website

YouTube Channel