Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: HiveWire Closing Down

arrow1 opened this issue on Dec 01, 2020 ยท 51 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 5:39 AM

They then spent quite some money advertising DS as a way to create game characters on 3DCG magazines. They started a new company called "Morph3D" to use their contents to enter the real-time mobile avatar market, but that has fluked as well. They have partnered with Reallusion to bring DAZ figures into iClone, and sacrificed Genesis 3 and up to become game models, with low poly, simplified topology and simple-bone game engine rigging. They did everything they could, but I don't think the gaming industry will >ever take >them >seriously.

Well said Ken_1171!!?

And now Daz is virtually giving away those interactive game licenses, still refusing to accept the reality that Professional gaming studios Create thier own bespoke assets for each new title, out of entrenced pipeline habits, and will never adopt Daz studio /Genesis particularly as the Daz studio Data folder/content dependancy system is NOT scalable for large team projects with multiple artists needing to access the same assets on a centralized server.?

@ Eclarke, I am talking about Poser having its own internal Shape projection / texture remapping system to "copy" imported Daz Character morphs & textures onto a poser native base figure for those people who wish to do so.

You dont seem to have a problem with the Dynamic cloth being leased from the long defunct "Size8 software" company and other third party python scripts by private individuals who could ,at any moment, retire/Die taking their script support with them.

Or "superfly" being ported over from Blenders constantly evolving cycles and still lacking some shader nodes.

But adopting a figure morphing/texture remapping tech from Reallusion is unacceptable???

For the record I agree with Ken_1171 that Genesis is only truly Genesis, residing within Daz studio connected to its Data folder ?

However ,for those who insist on it, a one click shape projection system would be better than the ridiculously complex ,multi-step procedures people are enduring to get a crippled G8 into poser 12 right now .

My website

YouTube Channel