Sat, Sep 7, 7:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Not much happening here!

RobertJ ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 12:09 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:39 AM

I just came here to tell that I had quit Bryce in december last year.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 5:31 PM
Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear that, Robert. Sadly, with so much going on in the world today, I think not too many people have time for Bryce.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

wildman2 ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 1:18 PM

Shame ya had to quit. Been there done that multiple times for various reasons.But Bryce keeps pulling me back in.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

attileus ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2021 at 5:14 PM · edited Thu, 11 November 2021 at 5:15 PM

People will be back...when they understand what a non-fungible token is...they'll be rendering in Bryce like crazy! :-))

Someone stole one of my images (I contacted OpenSea)...people there sell all kind of CG stuff, most of them are pure junk hehe (I got sick of dogs/animals with mustache)...but if someone is talented then it could work...although it's pretty hard to set up a chain of accounts, at least 3. Mabe you read about the guy called "Beeple", he sold all his digital renderings for 67 miljon dollars, but he is a RenderGod, lol....he rendered every day (in Cinema4D) for 13 years!

RobertJ ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2021 at 1:01 AM · edited Tue, 16 November 2021 at 1:04 AM

One of the reasons that I stopped with Bryce is that it crashed last year and it become impossible to use on my old computer even after reinstalling it. That computer was anyhow at the end of its functional life being almost 11 years old and still running windows 7 and had to be replaced anyway. So maybe a great moment to start using and learning how Blender works. That is a pretty steep learning curve, but experience with Bryce, common knowledge about drawing, photography and printing are very useful in learning the ropes with Blender. I still installed Bryce though.

(I also stopped working with Adobe CS, it became to expensive for me and Affinity software is a very viable alternative, true value for money)

Bryce is showing it's age because development stopped years ago and although Blender can be very intimidating, especially to newbies it simply said can do things that are impossible with Bryce. This picture is something I rendered earlier this year and the only post-work (done with Affinity Photo which is a real Photoshop killer for me) is adding my signature. Depth of field can be done directly in Bryce if you like renders that are measured in geological timescales, things like glare, flares and lens distortion are done with compositing within Blender itself and the render at this size (1920x1080) is measured in tens of minutes at the most.

7tXwxdw.png

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

RobertJ ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2021 at 1:16 AM · edited Tue, 16 November 2021 at 1:17 AM

attileus posted at 5:14 PM Thu, 11 November 2021 - #4430333

People will be back...when they understand what a non-fungible token is...they'll be rendering in Bryce like crazy! :-))

Someone stole one of my images (I contacted OpenSea)...people there sell all kind of CG stuff, most of them are pure junk hehe (I got sick of dogs/animals with mustache)...but if someone is talented then it could work...although it's pretty hard to set up a chain of accounts, at least 3. Mabe you read about the guy called "Beeple", he sold all his digital renderings for 67 miljon dollars, but he is a RenderGod, lol....he rendered every day (in Cinema4D) for 13 years!

Yes this happening to me as well. This one was particularly populair with these art-thieves.

k4nHgny.png

Arodia ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2022 at 4:03 PM

I just dig up Bryce again. Usually Blender is my main program for certain things, but Bryce still has certain advantages. About OpenSea, since most of the people who buy NFTs think of them as investment as well as art, I would think sticking some sort of watermark on your work (especially if it's in the center) will deter people from grabbing your work and sticking it on Opensea.  Considering how much some stuff there goes for, it wouldn't be very smart to buy something that has an artist's name in the middle of it, different from the name of the account that is selling it. It is not a 100% solution, but it does help some. Moreover, to buy on OpenSea you have to use crypto and even if you buy something cheap there would be still gas fees in most cases, which can add up. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.