Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why hasn't the official POSER13 forum been launched yet?

MNE opened this issue on Jan 24, 2023 ยท 47 posts

JoePublic posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 11:10 PM

Yep.

Probably the only way that Poser could become profitable again, is to make it 100% compatible with Studio.

I'm afraid even the most well designed Poser figure won't be able to lure the old Poser top vendors back in.

Not to mention that since "The Rift" Daz was able to nurture a whole new generation of highly professional content creators.

Problem is that I, umm, "strongly dislike" Genesis 9 just as much as I "strongly dislike" any native Poser figures since Poser 6.

It's basically like they took notes on everything I always wanted the "ideal" Poser figure to be:

a) Simple & robust cr2 using simple morphs instead of complicated armatures

b) Easy to modify/hack even for hobbyists

c) Highly developed "smart" mesh topology to maximize built in muscle detail but minimize polygon count

d) Rigging made IN Poser optimized FOR Poser

e) User friendly mapping

...and then decided to do the complete opposite ! Lol !

But still, full DAZ compatibility would be the best realistic option to guarantee Poser's survival in the long run.

But I'm good, either way. Still enough life left in those old meshes and Poser 11 to keep me occupied for the foreseeable future.

And on the plus side, we'll probably see some very entertaining Poser drama in the weeks to come.

;-)