Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 13 Release

arrow1 opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 89 posts

weiesnbach posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:50 PM

No upgrade from  11? I'm going to be flat out as blunt as I possibly can--I skipped 12 because I could use Blender to accomplish most of what 12 offered in conjunction with 11--I still run 11, and I'm not about to pay a full price for 13 when I can use Blender for free, and I can. 

At this point it would be simpler for me to  just move my entire workflow to Blender than to pay $250 for something that isn't even close to the capability of what a free alternative offers. I don't know if you guy realize it or not, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here. The only reason I keep Poser around is the simplicity of the toon renders(literally that's the only render engine I use)--and in case you missed the memo your two largest competitors(DS and Blender) are both completely free.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Poser, long time user, but it's no longer worth the asking price--not to downgrade anyone involved with its production, but look around you--there's now a limited amount of high quality models that are compatible, and those models have very limited clothing/accessories, and if I'm going to have to jump over to Blender to  create clothing and accessories, I might as well just stay in Blender and save myself the return trip.