Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are you impressed with Poser 13 ?

enigma-man opened this issue on Mar 30, 2023 ยท 132 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:43 PM Online Now!

We have to take into consideration that the new CyclesX used in P13 was a total rewrite of the Cycles engine. Some things have changed on the rendering parameters. There are new parameters. Some of the parameters use different values, or perhaps values in a different scale. Some of them I don't even understand yet - it's a new engine after all. But in my own renders with an RTX 3090 24GB, I use MUCH larger bucket sizes. I easily go to 1200 or higher, depending on the image size. That alone affects rendering times significantly.   

As a comparison, using bucket size of 512 on a 30XX card is like spoon-feeding an elephant. One thing you can do is to test how far you can push this value, depending on how much VRAM you have. Your goal is to match the larger dimension from your image size. For example, if your render size is 900x1200, try setting the bucket size to 1200. That will allow Cycles to render your scene in 1-pass, instead of several. Give it a try and see how far you can push bucket size based on your scene contents, and how much VRAM your GPU has. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!