Fri, Oct 18, 3:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 7:03 pm)

Subject: Poser 13 updated - what were the changes?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2023 at 10:50 AM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 6:39 PM

Does anybody have a link to the updates?

The download was dated the 30th of March.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2023 at 11:10 AM

POSER RELEASE NOTES

Thanks for you interest in Poser.  This is an Early Access release meaning that that some features are still
being refined and subsequent downloads/installs of updates may be required.  In-app notifications will be received
when an update is available.  Any Known Issues with this release are listed under "Known Issues" below.

Poser 13.0.287 - 2023-03-29
--------------------------------
- Crash no longer occurs during Copy morphs if morph is dialed in when copied. #1921 (App)
- Material names no longer change to numbers in Material Room when importing FBX. #1917 (App), #305 (Beta)
- More credits updates #1899 (App)

Poser 13.0.283 - 2023-03-27
--------------------------------
- Morph projection no longer spiking across the center line of geometry. #1894 (App), #297 (Beta)
- Image node background color points to the correctly named background channel. #1006 (App), #306 (Beta)
- Added UI to prompt for # tessellations on Copy Morph and incremental code improvements. #1890, #431 (App)
- Added UI to prompt for # tessellations on Copy Joints... #1890 (App)
- Incremental addition and improvements to in app and Included content. #1837, #1905, #1913, #1898,
#1907 (App), #302, #299, #298 (Beta)
- Updates to credits and new artwork on About Page  #1899 (App)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2023 at 6:46 PM

My biggest criticism of Poser has always been the lack of all the Cycles nodes needed to make it completely compatible with Blender. Does Poser have all of those nodes now??? Anyone???? If not, I won't be upgrading to Poser 13 for the forseeable future. I'll just render with Blender.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 2:24 AM
EClark1894 posted at 6:46 PM Sat, 8 April 2023 - #4461371

My biggest criticism of Poser has always been the lack of all the Cycles nodes needed to make it completely compatible with Blender. Does Poser have all of those nodes now??? Anyone???? If not, I won't be upgrading to Poser 13 for the forseeable future. I'll just render with Blender.

No p13 doesnt have all the node (curve node etc)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 5:21 AM

Liquid_Ice posted at 2:24 AM Sun, 9 April 2023 - #4461419

No p13 doesnt have all the node (curve node etc)
Sadly, that's what I thought. Sad thing is, Poser didn't have to lose me as a customer. I might still have bought P13 if Poser or rather Renderosity and or Bondware would have explained to me their reasoning for  not including the curve nodes.  I started talking about this during P11, to this day, nothing from the development team of either Bondware or Smith Micro on the matter. Either an explanation for or against the nodes would have have been appreciated, but even a simple "go to hell" would have told me they were at least aware.

Utimately, I admit that the nodes alone, won't ruin Poser. No, that will go to Renderosity's botched, inadequate marketing. I blame Smith Micro for a lot of Poser's downfall, but save for their handling of Content Paradise, I can't really blame them too much for Poser's bad marketing.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 5:29 AM

Yeah i do miss the curve nodes myself and some other stuff. Some i can work around.  I also agree on some points in your comment

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 7:29 AM

From discussions elsewhere it looks as though, even if Poser supported all the Cycles nodes, it would not be a direct replacement for Blender as it has additional nodes of it own.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 11:59 AM

The problem with the curve nodes is that they require a special user interface that Poser doesn't have at this moment.  I have made a simple replacement material for the missing Cycles Color Ramp which you can find in the free stuff section.  Look for 7 color color ramp. At the moment it only does constant and linear, however you can change types with-in the node.  So part can be linear and other areas constant.  I am working on an improved version that will add in the Ease and the HSV color hue shifts.  The ease was a simple addition.  The Color hue is giving problems as it crosses the Zero point.  Should hopefully have that solved soon.

The biggest problem with the user interface is that each node is fixed in size for inputs.  Whereas the Cycles Color Ramp allows you to add dozens of points and slide them back and forth.  That by itself should give an understanding of how hard it will be to put that node with that functionality into the material room

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 6:37 PM
Richard60 posted at 11:59 AM Sun, 9 April 2023 - #4461464

The problem with the curve nodes is that they require a special user interface that Poser doesn't have at this moment.  I have made a simple replacement material for the missing Cycles Color Ramp which you can find in the free stuff section.  Look for 7 color color ramp. At the moment it only does constant and linear, however you can change types with-in the node.  So part can be linear and other areas constant.  I am working on an improved version that will add in the Ease and the HSV color hue shifts.  The ease was a simple addition.  The Color hue is giving problems as it crosses the Zero point.  Should hopefully have that solved soon.

The biggest problem with the user interface is that each node is fixed in size for inputs.  Whereas the Cycles Color Ramp allows you to add dozens of points and slide them back and forth.  That by itself should give an understanding of how hard it will be to put that node with that functionality into the material room

I didn't know how to do it, but yeah, I did  at least wish I could add more inputs, at least into the Color Ramp node. More than 7, maybe 10.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2023 at 10:21 PM

To add more inputs you simply daisy chain the output of one into the input of the other.  Normally you would take the first seven inputs and output them into input 1 of the second one.  Adjust the starting points to match.  Since the first position starts at Zero for both of them then the first 7CCR runs from say 0-50%.  At that point you then set the start of the Second 7CCR to be 50% and work your way up the stack.  Feeding the same Factor into both results in the Second 7CCR outputting input 1 which is being fed by the First 7CCR and its 7 inputs.  on the Rework I was thinking about upping the number of inputs for a couple of reasons.  If 10 seems like a good number I will look at that.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.