Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1986 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 10 April 2023 at 11:43 PM

Thalek posted at 10:49 PM Mon, 10 April 2023 - #4461648

hornet3d posted at 1:11 PM Mon, 10 April 2023 - #4461563

Well, for a start I am no expert and i welcome your advice only trouble is Poser will play ball.  Looking at the error log I get this little nugget,

Now here comes the problem, changing the visibility barrels has no effect, deleting the barrels has no effect, deleting the barrels and saving the scene, exiting Poser, restarting Poser and adding the scene has no effect.  Put simply Poser thinks the barrels are still there.  As far as I can see once you have the problem the scene is toast and you have to start from square one.

You're more expert than I am, and that's all it takes as far as I'm concerned.  [grin]

Huh, I wonder if that relates to a problem I'm having:  my scenes were created in earlier versions of Poser, and while they work fine in Poser 12, in Poser 13, they start asking for object files and texture files that they never had to ask for before.  I'm set to Deep Search, and I think they're using relative paths rather than absolute paths  I seem to recall reading a thread that indicated that Poser 13 has a strong preference for its own creations over the creations in earlier versions of Poser, even as recent as Poser 12.

I read about the GPU issue, and that's what sabotages my trouble-shooting suggestion, but it's the re-saving the scene and re-starting Poser failure that makes me wonder if there's also an import issue complicating the problem.

So far I have not had a problem with Poser 13 asking for any files.  Thanks to Hborre's timely comment I used the  'link previous runtime script' under utilities which should ensure Poser 13 has access to exactly what Poser 12 had access to.  My only problem so far is that Superfly in Poser 13 objects to the way some of my old content's material had been built which is nothing to do with Poser 12 really,  I do have a problem with Poser 13 locking up using some scenes created in Poser 12 but there is still a good chance that the problem is related to my system rather than Poser 13, I need to do some more tests to prove it one way or the other.

On the plus side I am loving the way Poser 13 allows a scene to be lit solely by a dome and the first thing I do with any Poser 12 scene is to either delete or switch off all the lights.  This allow more accurate shadows and reflections and makes any figure or prop look much more like the belong to any given scene.  

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.