Forum: Poser 13

Subject: My Poser 13 review is online

AcePyx opened this issue on Apr 10, 2023 ยท 140 posts

Nevertrumper posted Fri, 21 April 2023 at 11:08 AM

blackbonner posted at 9:35 AM Fri, 21 April 2023 - #4462951

@Nevertrumper, why should I recreate such an inferior render result? I could probably post a photograph of a female in open sunlight and you will complain that it isn't realistic. I honestly doubt you know the difference between real and realistic.

If you look at my Poser Render, you will clearly see that the light behaves realistic. It bounces of the fabric of the swimsuit and skin of the figure and creates some indirect light and edge lighting as well. This is done with one light and a light emitting SkyDome, just as it was set up on DS 

Go and search for this lighting in my Daz Studio render. It's not there! I have work with DS, C4D, Blender, Poser, 3DSMax and every Renderengine they had to offer, including VRay and I'm doing it for two decades now. 

Well, fine then. What ever you are happy with.
I went through Poser galleries and tried to figure out, if Poser is just that bad at rendering or if users are unable to handle Poser.
I used Poser frequently until Poser Pro 2014 and got me the Octane plugin for better renderings. 
Poser 11 and above showed no evidence of better render capabilities. 
So why?
a) Poser can't do it?
b) Poser just doesn't make it easy for users?
c) A vast majority of Poser users just don't know, how to do it?
d) A vast majority of Poser users just don't care about their artwork quality?

You've just proven, that as soon you are using DS, your work looks actually much better.