Tue, Oct 22, 9:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:09 am)

Subject: Trouble Install ing the included content

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2023 at 9:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:55 AM

They say "A picture is worth a thousand words"

So here is a picture of the issue - as you can see the downloads of the included content keep failing.

Any clues?

mF5z7Y7DDhfBFFphUDrx0atPEyKJK2F8TKblYG1k.jpeg

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2023 at 11:50 PM

You might try downloading from the web site instead. (You'll have to put in your serial.)

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads/content/13

Or just try again later. It looks like some downloads worked, so maybe they're having server issues or something. FWIW, I downloaded everything from inside Poser and it worked, though it took awhile.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2023 at 11:54 PM
Forum Moderator

HTML error 206 means "Partial Content" That translates to "something interrupted the download". There are a few possibilities here. Most likely is a system security software or firewall that's interrupting the download. The anti-virus is so eager to scan the file that it tries to scan it before it finishes downloading. Second something limiting the size of downloads. Some VPN software does this. Third the hard drive is actually full. There's over 25 BG of included content. Make sure there's plenty of room on the drive where you chose to install your content.

There may be partial downloaded files in your downloads folder. It's best to clean those out before trying again. That will be Downloads\Poser Downloads\Included. (Paste this into File Explorer: %userprofile%\Downloads\Poser Downloads\Included\ )

Make sure there are no partial downloads left in there. They're safe to delete. Then make sure your security software is not being over excited. Then try download loading again.

If all else fails the zip files are available for manual download here: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads/content/13 You can download the zips and then use Poser's built in zip extracting command. On the top menu click File > Install From ZIP.... Then choose one of the downloaded zip files and which runtime you want the content to go in.

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2023 at 7:00 PM
nerd posted at 11:54 PM Fri, 19 May 2023 - #4465858

There may be partial downloaded files in your downloads folder. It's best to clean those out before trying again. That will be Downloads\Poser Downloads\Included. (Paste this into File Explorer: %userprofile%\Downloads\Poser Downloads\Included\ )

Indeed the partial files are there, so over time the SSD will get full, now I can't find anywhere in the preferences to change that directory.
I have my Poser runtimes (all the way back to Poser 3 on drive G  which is 8 TB so it shouldn't be an issue if I can sort out what appears to be a hard coded link.

Thanks for that.

I am going to try adding a symlink so as the downloads for Poser go to my Poser Runtimes directory on G drive.

Unless any knows where to change the download directory easily.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.