Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity Announces Change in Policy Regarding AI Gallery Images

msansing opened this issue on Sep 07, 2023 ยท 110 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 1:32 PM

The way I see this, AI has revolutionized the way people create art in more ways than people may realize. All major paint programs have adopted it, and even 3D programs have added AI generation to their tools arsenal. Some have already listed some of the applications in this thread, but there are many more. As time passes, I am sure even more creative applications will be explored. 

On my side, I have spent a lot of time and effort to develop a workflow to integrate Poser with Stable Diffusion AI. I have created a plugin that allows 3D artists to pose the and frame the character in Poser, and export a preprocessed OpenPose-compatible pose reference that can be loaded into the ControlNet extension to customize and render it in Stable Diffusion. I have been showcasing this workflow in social media for over a month, and people who had never heard of Poser are now interested. I have provided links to the PoserSoftware page to those who had never heard of Poser before. They look at the results I have been presenting, and asked me what Poser is, and where to find it. 

So, for those claiming AI cannot bring money to Poser, think again. With the explosion of popularity AI has brought into the community, this alone could bring plenty of new users to Poser. However, I have submitted the plugin to the Rendo QAV last month, and got not a word from Rendo ever since. I don't know what's happening, or why, but I wonder if Rendo's decision to ban AI was related to it, since it has happened in the same week my plugin was submitted to the store. 

Whether or not those are related, this decision to ban AI may backfire on Rendo once my plugin gets released. Pushing customers away at a time when Poser cannot afford to lose even more customers will have consequences, and might also defeat my efforts to bring more attention to Poser, taking advantage of this explosion of AI popularity. After all the time and effort I have put into this project, I feel betrayed. Rendo has pulled the carpet from under my feet in the same week I am releasing my Poser plugin to bridge it with AI. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!