Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Poser 13 Observations

Badia01 opened this issue on Jan 03, 2024 ยท 21 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 05 January 2024 at 3:20 PM

Poser changed because Python changed so it really had little choice, I lost the use of a load of scripts when using Poser 12 and 13 but now there are some stunning scripts from Ken 1171_ Designs that I use that makes life so much easier, so it really is a case of swings and roundabouts.   I have lost count of the number of Poser uninstalls and re-installs I have done thanks to the numerous program updates, and for the last four years or more the uninstall and re-install process has worked for me without a hitch. 

For quite a few years now I think Poser and Daz have ceased to compete with each other because they do what they do in very different ways and their marketing strategy has always been very different.  I have been using Poser for over twenty years now having moved from Daz and, with the exception that I lost some very skilled vendors I supported when they moved away, I have few regrets.  Then again I have discovered some stunning vendors that still create for Poser and yet more that create for Blender content that can be converted fairly easily.   I have thoroughly enjoyed using Poser 13, I find it to be stable and to render at a speed I could only dreamed of just a few years ago.  

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.