Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 14?

Boni opened this issue on Dec 24, 2023 ยท 87 posts

AmbientShade posted Mon, 05 February 2024 at 1:17 AM

shvrdavid posted at 5:45 PM Thu, 1 February 2024 - #4481090

Rhia474 posted at 4:00 PM Thu, 1 February 2024 - #4481081

That is what worries me. Why is Poser not attracting content makers any more? Is it something much more difficult to create for than the other program? If you look even on this marketplace,  the difference is staggering. I would like to understand why, because without content the future is grim.

The main reason is probably the fact that if you didn't have the tools prior, you are not going to get them now. Poser file editor, Netherworks scripts, etc, all gone..... Having to edit basically everything Poser saves to put it up for sale is another problem. A problem that Poser, self created.... Almost all of the sites that explain the files structures, etc, are gone as well. The ones that are left took it upon themselves to delete much of it in the past, which didn't help matters a bit.....

Sure you can use notepad++ to edit and change Poser files.... You can also paint your car with a brush, but that is not very efficient......................

Poser File Editor is not gone, it's just been bundled in with other tools:

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/53947/poser-power-tools

It's a bit pricey but the other tools in that bundle come in handy too.

But the bigger issue is that content creators shouldn't be dependent on knowing how to edit code in order to make their content work.

Full unimesh support

Full geo grafting for weight mapped figures

UV swapping - which was promised back when Poser 11 was still in development by SM.

A hair and cloth system that isn't 25+ years out of date.

All the necessary rigging and morph setup tools built into the software so there's no need to edit files in a 3rd party editor or have a degree in advanced calculus to figure out the math necessary to make morphs work as required. If I want a morph applied at 100% when this joint rotation and that joint rotation are in x position then it's the software's job to do the calculations to make that happen, not me. 

Poser has a long way to go before it's going to attract many new or returning content artists, and they're not going to wait around, they've been waiting for years.