Sat, Sep 7, 8:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 9:50 am)

Subject: Bulging deltoids in Mike 3 clothing, was there a solution?

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2024 at 12:16 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 2:55 PM

I still occasionally dork with Michael 3, and I'm reminded of a systemic issue that figure had, bulging deltoids, especially the clothing.  Other Millennium 3 figures had this, but arguably not as severe as M3.  Was there ever a solution presented, either a freebie or a sold product? 

Ar8xhjSmfs5w2ViKLoEQonD1Q9W631X7rJUadg5l.jpg

Here is M3 (with a "frankensteined" M4 head) wearing the PoserWorld "TimeLord" ensemble.  You can seeing how the "collar" body parts of the coat bulge when the arms hang down.  Great for a muscular superhero, not so much for a person of average physique.

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2024 at 1:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

You can try my Weightmapped M3RR.

It's the Reduced Resolution mesh, but it should be easy to transfer M3 characters faces over to M3RR in Poser.

It also wouldn't take long to at least weightmap M3's shoulders.

(You can also try to transfer the weightmapping from my M3RR over to regular M3, but you would have to smooth out/edit some of the weightmaps because of M3's higher resolution.

UPSCALING is always more difficult than DOWNSCALING a weightmap rig.)

PBzBtkGpaGsOlPp6LUOmJgeAKckWGXN2hvo9v92N.jpg

BTW, I think I also have an M4toM3 figure lying around somewhere, that I made from all M4 mesh.

Let me see if I can find it.

:-)

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2024 at 1:25 PM

Aaah, here he is....

"The Figure that DAZ forgot..."

M4toM3, made from M4 mesh, so it takes M4 textures.

Unfortunately I never came around to fix the head and expression morphs.

I used V4toV3 as a donor rig, then transferred M3's joints over.

But for the expressions to work properly, someone would need to edit /fix the cr2.

You could save the M4 expressions as regular morphs, though, and then transfer them over.

In any case, if someoone wants this figure to play around with, (or finish it properly) send me a PM.

CbG00Ebji90jUavKaLEy1sGiEEH3YlKoUJT58oxh.jpg

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2024 at 1:37 PM · edited Tue, 09 April 2024 at 1:39 PM

Of course...

A SINGLE magnet can do the trick, too....  :-)

(Which also should with a little editing work with clothing, too)

ki27NcukyPjxba0YSwaag3Iq3bHkDq0MJJTMpNeJ.jpg

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Or simply apply the appropriate Poser morph brush to the areas to adjust them to shape (best for single frame render).

Eternal Hobbyist

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 9:40 AM

Sorry I have not responded until now.  Yeah, I figured it would be a case of applying "magnets" or the "morph brush" to the deltoid regions to shrink or flatten them.  I had hoped somebody had created an inject-able morph that one could just "load and go".  But I gather it's something we'll just have to do from scratch on our own.

Still, thanks for the feedback.

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

ima70 ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 6:30 PM
JoePublic posted at 1:15 PM Tue, 9 April 2024 - #4483403

You can try my Weightmapped M3RR.

It's the Reduced Resolution mesh, but it should be easy to transfer M3 characters faces over to M3RR in Poser.

It also wouldn't take long to at least weightmap M3's shoulders.

(You can also try to transfer the weightmapping from my M3RR over to regular M3, but you would have to smooth out/edit some of the weightmaps because of M3's higher resolution.

UPSCALING is always more difficult than DOWNSCALING a weightmap rig.)

PBzBtkGpaGsOlPp6LUOmJgeAKckWGXN2hvo9v92N.jpg

BTW, I think I also have an M4toM3 figure lying around somewhere, that I made from all M4 mesh.

Let me see if I can find it.

That looks great, can it be downloaded? I have D3wm,V3wm and M4rrWm but not M3rrWM

JoePublic ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:11 PM

Hello ima70,

please check your sitemail.

ima70 ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:28 PM

Thank yo Joe :-D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.