Sat, Sep 7, 8:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:21 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: HDRI Control for Poser 13+

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:39 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

HDRI Control for Poser 13+ 

** This is a Python script for Poser 13+. Requires Poser 13.3.686 or later. For Windows 10+.

>> Check it out HERE <<

>> Watch the full VIDEO DEMONSTRATION HERE! As easy as 1-click and you are ready to render!

>>  PDF manual includes a link to a site where you can download FREE HDRI images to get started.

sSp4oD3AmDZopJBdnKj8HRkS3jjQmIXyk06Hk2E6.jpg

Elevate your 3D art lighting with this cutting-edge Python script. This tool revolutionizes your rendering process by automating the setup of physically based HDRI lighting with 1-click, using genuine 32-bit HDR and EXR images to achieve unparalleled lighting quality in your renders. It then allows adjusting and controlling it straight from the Pose Room. It takes advantage of a new feature introduced in Poser 13. And what's best - no dome props are required!

Here are some of the main features:

TMqUPAyZCwDdpN4mjCUKcC2WWE9oeIxtfRfCtgBY.jpg

This the FIRST script to finally support full 32-bits HDRI images in Poser, thanks to a new feature introduced in Poser 13.

horwCmC0Wwoi74h8lP9kzCJXrfqgEdEU53b40yMe.jpg

Simplify lighting your scene without using any lights, be it indoors, outdoors, portraits, or even studio lights.

PadwPgIb7ppg71nsDNFOWaS8PJlOEYHbmcfXA2La.jpg

Simple and intuitive interface. Control all aspects of HDRI lighting with ease!

kALQqA4Z4ibcOacOziH39DML1AQ7WYTOnyfm33FV.jpg

Go beyond Poser lights by using NO LIGHTS at all! But don't worry - you won't be left in a pitch-black preview. The script automates this too!

MKce0905LwI1HpNITlv0hyvsmgX7q0stK1fp9MRe.jpg

And what's most, forget about domes with JPEG emissive textures - those are a thing of the past. NO DOMES REQUIRED!

Fe7U852x0F7EMbwgHJjcsdE458lUY8q3cBmnA2rJ.jpg

It has never been so easy to setup, adjust, and control true and genuine 32-bit HDRI lighting before. As simple as picking an option from a list, and you are all setup to render!

>> Check it out HERE <<

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 4:48 PM
Online Now!

Sir, you are a hero!! Thank you!

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:03 PM
Rhia474 posted at 4:48 PM Fri, 19 July 2024 - #4487500

Sir, you are a hero!! Thank you!

Thank you, Rhia474! I always wanted to automate this, and now it's finally possible in P13+! 😁

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

ChromeStar ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 9:39 PM

That looks pretty cool! But I have a couple of wishlist items for it!

I have a whole bunch of HDRI images. When I go to pick them, it would be super helpful to see some thumbnails so I have a general idea of what I'm getting. Often I have to try a few before I get one I like.

Second, since you can rotate the Y axis and you can also rotate the camera, it's really hard to know what part of the image you are looking at. Poser 13 has a dome that can be used to show your HDRI background, but it doesn't sync if you manually rotate the HDRI image. It would be incredibly helpful if your script could set up that dome and the XYZ controls handled both the HDRI background and that preview. If you add that, I will buy it for sure!

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 10:18 PM
ChromeStar posted at 9:39 PM Fri, 19 July 2024 - #4487503

That looks pretty cool! But I have a couple of wishlist items for it!

I have a whole bunch of HDRI images. When I go to pick them, it would be super helpful to see some thumbnails so I have a general idea of what I'm getting. Often I have to try a few before I get one I like.

Second, since you can rotate the Y axis and you can also rotate the camera, it's really hard to know what part of the image you are looking at. Poser 13 has a dome that can be used to show your HDRI background, but it doesn't sync if you manually rotate the HDRI image. It would be incredibly helpful if your script could set up that dome and the XYZ controls handled both the HDRI background and that preview. If you add that, I will buy it for sure!

Thank you for the feedback. This script was created back in March 2023, and it couldn't be released because of 2 things:

1. The Python API command to load HDR/EXR files was broken. We can load HDRI images manually using the Poser interface, but it doesn't work from Python - and it still doesn't work even now. I asked them to fix this back in March last year, but they told me it was too broken and could not be fixed - so they didn't. But I thought this script was too important to give up on it, so I kept asking for them to fix it for months, until I started being ignored, so I stopped. More recently, I have found a workaround that doesn't use the API to do it, or else this script would never be released. 

2. The Python framework has no access to 32-bits HDR or EXR thumbnails, so here again, I asked Bondware to add it to the API, so I could add previews to the script. This request never got an answer. I kept asking for months, until again, I saw that I was getting ignored, so I stopped. This ticket never got looked at, so by now I know it's a lost cause. The original script interface actually had a place for the preview, which had to be removed once I came to terms with the fact it's not going to happen. 

So you see, what you are requesting here were my own requests to Bondware a year ago, and by now I well aware that it won't happen. I even started getting mocked in the internal forums because some people found it funny that I kept asking for those things for a whole year. It's important to know that only some parts of Poser are exposed to Python, so I can't do everything I want. I can only reach the parts of Poser the Python API has access to. The rest is unreachable. 

As a matter of fact, this script is only possible NOW because Bondware has added to Poser 13 the part that gives me access to what's required to access HDRI from a script, which is still impossible in all previous Poser versions. So it's not that other script makers didn't want to make this script in the past, but instead, they didn't do it because it was impossible. 

Therefore, what you want is what I wanted, but didn't get it. For as long as Python has no access to these features, there is nothing we can do about it. 

My Store at Renderosity

ChromeStar ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 10:46 PM

:(

For thumbnails, about half of my HDRIs have .jpg thumbnails with the same names in the same folder. And that's basically how thumbnails in the library work too. I would be satisfied on that front if it displayed that non-HDRI thumbnail image and not the real thing.

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

ChromeStar posted at 10:46 PM Fri, 19 July 2024 - #4487505

:(

For thumbnails, about half of my HDRIs have .jpg thumbnails with the same names in the same folder. And that's basically how thumbnails in the library work too. I would be satisfied on that front if it displayed that non-HDRI thumbnail image and not the real thing.

I have considered that possibility, but since only a small fraction of my own HDRIs include a JPEG preview, that wouldn't actually solve the problem. In addition, many of the JPEG previews don't even match the HDR/EXR image names, having random suffixes that don't follow any rule I could recognize. Some others have names that don't match at all. I want a real solution that works for all cases, or else it's not worth doing. I am pretty sure that if I included a half-working preview, that would result into more complains - so please, consider that. 

As it stands, I consider this release a VICTORY when Poser Python still cannot load any HDRI images, and I still got creative enough to bypass the broken API and finally get this working when nobody else could. I couldn't get everything I wanted, but it's still a VICTORY to release the VERY FIRST script to handle genuine 32-bits HDRI in Poser history. Fully automated, 1-click solution. Domes are now a thing of the past, where they belong. This is a GAME CHANGER for Poser renders! 😁

Who knows - maybe one day Bondware will give us the HDRI previews we wanted? My ticket is still open at the devs internal threads. Until that happens, there is no real solution for this. Believe me - I want this as much as you do. :)

My Store at Renderosity

ChromeStar ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2024 at 1:03 PM

I just got a email from PoserSoftware highlighting it, so maybe now that they are using it as a selling point, there will be some attention to the underlying functionality....

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2024 at 1:47 PM

ChromeStar posted at 1:03 PM Sat, 27 July 2024 - #4487803

I just got a email from PoserSoftware highlighting it, so maybe now that they are using it as a selling point, there will be some attention to the underlying functionality....

Yes, I would hope so. The idea is to bring full 32-bit HDRI lighting to everyone, like never done in Poser before. ^___^

BTW, there will be a v1.0.5 update for this script that addresses compatibility with German and Japanese Poser versions coming out soon. Currently in testing. Customers will receive a notification when it's available. If you are using Poser in English, you may skip this update.

My Store at Renderosity

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2024 at 1:31 PM

I wished for something easy to use HRDI and you gave us this tool! 😍 Thank you very much 😊

Maybe I have a wish for a script I also would love .... a script for making glitter in Superfly and maybe Firefly. 😅 In Poser 7 I had such a neautiful script for making lips glittery and also shiny. Since P11 didn't support this script anymore, I started P7 and just copied the material, is works very good for P11 and up if I use Firefly.... but didn't work in Superfly.

I was searching for a solution for Superfly Glitter but if I'm honest, it's OK but not that glittery I wanted it.

Maybe there is a way to make a script? 😅

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:33 PM
midinick posted at 1:31 PM Tue, 30 July 2024 - #4487866

I wished for something easy to use HRDI and you gave us this tool! 😍 Thank you very much 😊

You are very welcome! ^___^/

Maybe I have a wish for a script I also would love .... a script for making glitter in Superfly and maybe Firefly. 😅 In Poser 7 I had such a neautiful script for making lips glittery and also shiny. Since P11 didn't support this script anymore, I started P7 and just copied the material, is works very good for P11 and up if I use Firefly.... but didn't work in Superfly.

I was searching for a solution for Superfly Glitter but if I'm honest, it's OK but not that glittery I wanted it.

Maybe there is a way to make a script? 😅

Glitter is super easy to make with Superfly. Check your site messages, I showed you how. 😃

My Store at Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.