Mon, Sep 16, 3:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving the History

keppel ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 9:13 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 5:42 PM

After working on an image (tweaking here cropping there etc.) and generating a long history list is there some way of saving the history so that it is possible to go back and examine what steps were used to achieve that fantastic work of art the next time the computer is turned on and Photoshop loaded? Shane

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Heronheart ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 12:15 PM

Unfortunately, no. Such an opton would generate some pretty huge file sizes.

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 2:23 PM

what you can do is to make an action script. Simply press the record button, and you'll be able to save it all.

keppel ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2002 at 2:52 AM

Slynky, If I was to make an action script wouldn't that record all changes made during the creation process? For example if I made 100 brush strokes then deleted all of them because I decided on using a different type of brush would'nt those 100 brush strokes form part of the action script? Shane

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Slynky ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2002 at 9:37 AM

you can edit the script itself and delete parts of it that you want deleted. at lesat so much as i can remember you can.

keppel ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 1:55 AM

Slynky, If you can edit the script then that may be just what I need. Time to hit the books and learn something about action scripts. Thanks for your help. Shane

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

dreamer101 ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 11:23 AM

CorelDraw was better at. It comes with Corel Script Editor. It's easier on the eye to see the script on one whole screen than to work in the adobe palette. Yes, you can drag off actions palette and enlarge it to work on but was hoping Adobe Photoshop/Image Ready would have improved action editing with version 7. You can edit any actions script. You can delete, add, rearrange, insert stops, insert menu items etc. There are certain tasks that can't be recorded. You can include stops in your action that let you perform a task that cannot be recorded (for example, using a painting tool).

For the ones you get just right and want to apply on many images, the droplet is great. I have so many droplets that i'm going to have to rename them all so I know which does what LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.