Sat, Sep 7, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Oh, NOW I get it ...

cziii ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 8:27 AM ยท edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 6:16 AM

file_35443.jpg

I've been reading about and then playing around with faking the HDRI effect in Bryce, but couldn't make it go. Light finally dawned. This is nowhere near as good as what I've seen in here, but a decent start, I suppose. Image for the environmental map is from Paul Debevec's site.

vasquez ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 11:51 AM

you achieved it!!!!!! Nice rose it is interesting how you've done it.

lsstrout ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 12:28 PM

Congrats on the HDRI! I haven't had any time to mess with it. I like your picture. Lin

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 4:02 PM

Great looking still life.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 8:36 PM
Forum Moderator

What on earth is a HDRI? The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 9:02 PM

High Dynamic Range Image Bryce cannot use them, but can fake the result they are being used for by high end programs. Most of the time high enders just call it HDRI, so that's what the Brycers are calling it also. Only difference is a real HDRI has a number of layers of the same picture (almost always a photograph) taken at various exposures. The high end programs can calculate ALL these layers and apply it to a scene, giving a more realistic lighting/reflection situation. But, like I said, Bryce doesn't have these capabilities, BUT...what you (VERY basically) do is wrap a picture on a giant sphere in bryce. Set up whatever scene you want within that giant sphere, and any reflective objects will reflect very realistically. AND, if you make the giant sphere slightly transparent, any light source outside of the Giant sphere will filter through the photograph and help LIGHT your scene more realistically also. This will fake HDRI within Bryce. (like I said, VERY basic explaination) I really have to sit down and write it all out. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

TMGraphics ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 12:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=775196&Form.sess_id=10613463&Form.sess_key=

@ TheBryster - Like AgentSmith says, and you can read this thread to get the jist of it! Thanks and kudos out to AgentSmith for shedding light on this technique :> (see link) Thanks! TMGraphics

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 3:56 PM

Lol...there it is. I've been trying to find that thread again, to show people that are asking about this. That's a graphically big post, lol. Thanks!! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 8:22 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info, guys!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 8:28 AM

Your welcome Agent. And you are right, if you are on a modem - go get some lunch, should be done when you get back! BUT, it is a good informative read! TMGraphics

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.