Sat, Sep 7, 7:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Easter Greetings

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 9:26 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 8:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Happy Easter Everybunny! And if you're not Christian..........oh well!(Shrug) The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

derjimi ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 9:29 AM

Happy Easter to you Bryster, and all other members here! :-) Hope you enjoy some nice holidays. Greets, Jimi

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 9:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.theholidayspot.com/easter/history/easter_history.htm

Actually Easter is pre-Christian holiday that was adapted by the early Christians. Check out the link.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:03 AM

So that's why all the fertility symbols (rabbits, eggs) and symbols of resurrection attached to a spring goddess came to be used in the Christian celebration of resurrection. Lessons over for today.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Elsina ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:17 AM

Happy Easter to you all and happy Passover! (it is also the week of the Jewish Pascha).

My gallery @ Renderosity

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:27 AM

Happy Easter Everyone...whatever you believe in, take some time off the regular humdrum and spend some time with friends & family. Oh yeah, the critters too. ;)

Claymor ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:41 AM

Don't get me started on that one tjohn, it gets me in trouble every time. You'd be suprised how many times the early catholic church adopted pagan or neo-pagan holidays into their calendar. Or maybe YOU wouldn't but... :)

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:45 AM

Actually Claymor practically every Christian holiday was "borrowed" from Pagan holiday and rituals. So to all the Wiccans out there happy late Ostara. :)

runwolf13 ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:20 AM

They weren't borrowed, they were actively co-opted into the religious celebration. Pagans under christian control were going to celebrate yule, so the church made it a "christian" holiday. Pagans under christian control were going to celebrate the spring equinox... Easter. It's no different than neo-pagans and wiccan's co-opting the old way for their new religions. More power to'em I say.

Claymor ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 12:23 PM

<---opts not to start the debate here but would LOVE to in some other forum.

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 12:24 PM

Happy springtime! Let the traditianal chocolate egg eating begin! Incidently, this weekend is also Norwescon. Soon I will be admiring costumes and hanging out with friends. Lin

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 1:02 PM

To my pagan friends, a Blessed Spring to you all. And to those of the Christian faith, Happy Easter. :)

ttops ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 3:39 PM

Hey, I'm an atheist here. Happy bank holidays :)

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 3:49 PM

of course, all the Orthodox Christians will have to wait (different calendar). S' Novim godom..woops, wrong holiday..;)
We used to have a holiday in our state called Easter Monday. Not for any religious purposes, for College Basketball..they're maniacs for it down here. Finally it was eliminated...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 4:11 PM

Happy bank holiday...........LOL 8) I'm an atheist too so everyone just have a rest from the hard slog and as Isstrout says let the chocolate egg devouring begin. Catlin

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 5:07 PM

Happy holidays to all you guys! Although mine will be anything but relaxation & Bryce...grrr

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 5:39 PM

Lest we forget that the Easter Bunny died on the cross on Good Friday so he could rise from the dead on Easter Sunday and give chocolate eggs to everyone. LOL

Hepcatbrandon ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 5:52 PM

Happy holidays all. (the pagan origin of St. Valentine's day is an interestin one if I recall correctly)

Roch222 ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 9:38 PM

To Everyone - A Very Happy "Pesach" on this festival of freedom - and A happy Easter too!! How Come Us jews got Gyped - the christians get chocolate and the jews get Matzah!!!! roch222

antevark ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:02 PM

hehe, don't forget horseradish...

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:08 PM

Be Happy and Reflect upon it's meaning. cheers, - TJ

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 2:16 AM

Well Roch they get chocolate only for 2 days! We can enjoy matza for 7 days! :-))

My gallery @ Renderosity

Roch222 ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 4:54 AM

this is true creations, and yes I did forget the horseradish - gotta love gefilte fish have a good one

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 6:34 AM
Forum Moderator

JEEZ!! I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter....not start a bloody religeous debate!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 7:22 AM

Religious debate? About food? I love the food of every religion. :-) Only the origin of Easter is not only connected to Passover but to many other spring celebrations. Take Osiris, for instance, also celebrated in spring. Or, especially, Mithras. There are many parallels between celebrations and traditions of Mithraism and Christianity. Apropos Eostre of Dawn, you might find Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods interesting.

-- erlik

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 8:24 AM

As for food, chocolate is ok by me but I haven't tried matzah or gefilte fish so I'm unsure what I'm missing. Is it anything like chocolate?????? 8D Catlin

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 9:55 AM

I, like the Bryster, would just like to wish you all a very happy Easter... However you choose to celebrate it. 8-) As for me in the Christian manner.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

antevark ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 2:10 PM

lol, Catlin, imagine those dry white crackers, remove the salt, and mix with bread crust for matzah. Actually doesn't make a bad snack, but gets old quick.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 3:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Erlik: Didn't Osiris have incestuos relations with her brother? Something like that..........

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 5:26 PM

Nah. Osiris was a he. Got dismembered by his brother. (Although his wife Isis was his sister.) When Isis found all parts of his body, except one*, she put him together and that was later celebrated at spring equinox. http://www.horemheb.com/part1.html * Which wasn't eaten by fish, as it says on the page, but by crabs.

-- erlik

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 11:13 PM

To pakled; They eliminated college basketball ? To everyone else: (due to considerations of political correctness, and not wanting to piss anyone off) Husker Du ! (Sorry no umlade on this keyboard.)

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 6:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Erlik: You're right of course........

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 1:01 PM

Are you kidding? they'd probably eliminate the Legislature first!..;) no, Easter Monday is no longer a state holiday..which leaves the Virgin Islands, the only other observer I knew of..;) To get an umlaut, you need to hold down the Alt key, then type in the ascii value for the character you want, which should be in the 130's-150's..hang tite.. from 130 to 150..knew this useless info would come in handy some day..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.