Sat, Sep 7, 10:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: MC Escher - Reletivity - WIP?

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 9:52 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 7:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Well here's another MC Escher piece. Your mission, should you wish to accept, will be to find a better .mat for the main walls/stairs etc. I could have done this in greyscale to more accurately portray this work but it would have looked too boring. Anyway, C&Cs welcome. It's not EXACTLY right but it's as close as I could get. I might a sharpen it up a bit in PSP before I put it up in the gallery. Cobblestone ground in top left by SWADE (Thanks, mate!) Table & Chairs from 3D Cafe'.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 11:09 AM

Wow! This makes me dizzy. Great job.

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 11:42 AM

Wow, I agree, it really does make me dizzy as well. Excellent work.

ttops ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 11:52 AM

Nice one Bryster, compliments.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 12:33 PM

I think I'm going to faint. 8) Great work Bryster! Catlin

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 1:07 PM

:) It's fun working with this, isn't it? Good job!

gregsin ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 1:32 PM

Excellent job Bryster, but I think you've got it upsidedow... er turned sidewa...., now i'm dizzy too.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 1:55 PM

The color scheme gives it sort of a Southwest U.S. flavor. Excellent modelling and render!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

DawnStar ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 2:44 PM

I agree with tjohn. I was thinking it looks like a stucco building you would find in California. I wouldn't change a thing. I really like it with the colors! :)

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:17 PM

Only one thing's missing. You need the little dudes walking around. Other than that, it's a pretty darn good representation of the work.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:22 PM

wow--I was just thinking the other day it would be insanity to even attempt this in 3d. well, your insane! thats incredible really, amazing work man. can wait to see where you go with it.

Svaelt ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:28 PM

perhaps a rock texture would be better than that pinkish one. But this looks super. truely "Escheresque"!

mloates ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 5:05 PM

Great work, Bryster. Very well done!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 5:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Wow! Thanks Guys! Bows to his Peers I didn't want to put the figures in because I'd be too tempted to put them in comic poses. (And that's been done before) I'm glad you like the .mat, I don't know about Calinforian architecture, but if you say so.... Woodhurst: There..now you've gone and told everyone, yes I'm insane.....LOL Catlin: Don't faint...I'm not there to catch you! And if you feel dizzy too, think about how I felt trying to match this up with the original......3d, 4d, 5d.....doh! I'm going to put a slightly sharper version in the Gallery. MC Escher rocks! Thanks for your comments! THe Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 6:05 PM

lol, can we see the wireframe? That's an impressive bit of modelling - my head hurts just thinking about what you went through for that.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

corys311 ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 7:15 PM

I wonder what a grayscale would look like.... Awesome pic, Escher did some amazing things, and you pull it off as well! Cory BS

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 7:46 PM

very cool. If you were to go grayscale, I'd make everything 25 percent reflective and then use blurry reflections for tonal ranges. justa thought tho.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 8:47 PM
Forum Moderator

One wireframe coming up!

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 9:26 PM

Amazing Bryster.... I love it. Nice representation of Eschers work. My hat is off to the master. 8) Wade

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 9:35 PM

Thanks for the wireframe. Must admit, it doesn't look as cluttered (and truly demented) a wireframe as I thought it would ;)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 4:01 AM

Impressively done!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 8:02 AM

When you see it in wireframe it looks pretty civilized. 8)

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 8:22 AM
Forum Moderator

The wireframe is actually a bit of a nightmare. To do any work I could only use 3 of the available views. 1..the normal 3d view 2..left 3..back Using the others would be too confusing. I also had to use a lot of grouping/families...hence the yellow.........

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 10:31 AM

I cheated by making the whole schmeer in Wings 3d, then importing it into Bryce (with the exception of the walking dudes, courtesty Poser 3..;). I went with a sort of whitewashed look, as I remember, and a bright sky. Plaster, light rock, etc., should hold the details, maybe metallic for the railings (or wood, I know Tony Lynch's site has almost every wood known to man in it as a mat..;) Your model is much neater and has cleaner lines than mine, I admit..throw some folks in there, and let's get this party started..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.