Forum: Carrara

Subject: Been thinking about Carrara 4 for animation...

justpatrick opened this issue on Oct 11, 2005 ยท 19 posts

justpatrick posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 9:07 PM

Recently, I have been getting into Poser animation, and I decided I might need to get another app to use for rendering my larger animations. Since Carrara and Vue both import PZ3 files, and are within my price range, I'm debating to myself about which one to get. Does anyone have any examples of Carrara animations? I've been searching the web, but haven't turned up many examples. I see some great stills in the galleries, but I can't find many galleries of animation for the app. I found a few done with Vue that look awesome. I know it all depends on the artist doing the work, but still it would be cool to see some stuff done with the app before buying it. Doesn't matter to me if other softwares were also used in the process, just as long as the original rendering was done with Carrara. A friend of mine warned me that some renderers have issues when it comes to animation, stuff like aliasing? and flicker?, which is why they don't get used a lot for movies and stuff but I probably won't get to doing anything so important that those things would bother me anyway. Thanks guys!