Mon, Sep 16, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:59 pm)

Subject: P3dO 1.9.2 in freestuff

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 4:39 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.senosoft.com

P3dO Poser library manager has been updated to 1.9.2. It has been more than 1 year since last update at Renderosity, so there is some new stuff - and fix - in this version.

Here's what has been added since 1.8:

• 3D: Vue files now show the version number.
  • 3D: PoserPython with updated Prpc script
  • 3D: Now 38 3D formats list their content in Awk tree
  • 2D: Rsr2Png with severall bug fixs
  • 2D: Alpha channeled preview
  • 2D: Links Thumbnails, handy for previewing where a link point to
  • 2D: A Save as function that writes JPEG, PNG, BMP, RSR pictures formats.
  • 2D: File association for all kind of supported file formats
  • 2D: ZIP thumbnails for every kind of supported picture
  • 2D: RAR thumbnails for every kind of supported picture
  • 2D: RSR/PNG editor has been improved
  • 2D: CopyPath plugin (copy files list to the clipboard) with a more comprehensive interface
  • 2D: An image information window for quick access to basic image properties
  • 2D: Zoom focus ruled has been reviewed so that Fit options always fit the Zoom window viewport
  • Settings and Layouts may now be exported/imported in external (xml) files and thus be saved or transfered to other machines

I must admit there's nothing really fancy in this update, although Links Thumbnails is a real gift.
Anyway the whole makes a more stable, more usable soft. And many people find it good enough like that.

In fact P3dO benefit from the work on P3dO pro. Evolutions are mainly inherited
from P3dO pro projects. It has what is left but still far enough for a basic Poser management.
This is the goal.

Yarp

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 4:47 PM

Thank you very much for your hard work.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 5:01 PM

Thank you, yarp!  This is one of the utilities I couldn't do without!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

masha ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 5:17 PM

Thanks a lot Yarp,  This proggie  has been a big help over the years.   Any Poser user who needs to see where all the bits and pieces of  a  download has gone at a glance  can appreciate this along with some really neat features that are extremely useful,

Thanks again!

Jimdoria ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 5:34 PM

I love P3dO Explorer! Since I still use P4 and many of the new packages don't include RSRs anymore, that feature alone is invaluable to me. Also, when it comes time to clean up my gigantic download folders, this is the only tool that can really cut the mustard.

I thought the free version was on "permanent hiatus". This is great news! Thank you very much.

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 5:47 PM

A BIG thank you from me too :)
 ___ali x

My Renderosity Store

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 8:11 PM

hey, this much good stuff for free is fancy enough for me..;) keep up the good work.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 8:44 PM

Thanks, yarp !

yarp ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:19 AM · edited Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:27 AM

Thank you all for your support. It makes me warm ;)

hey, this much good stuff for free is fancy enough for me
Sure, I stopped using 1.8 a long time ago so I don't really realize but you will certainly find great changes in this update.

I thought the free version was on "permanent hiatus
There should have been an update here this fall (was 1.9) but 1.9 has some instability problems and I didn't have time to fix it due to problems with my company (not Senosoft). So I had to delay the update untill now but the principa of a free P3dO is firmly established and P3dO 2.0 is already on the rail.

Yarp

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 5:45 PM · edited Wed, 11 April 2007 at 5:46 PM

Thanks for this...I have one problem the .obps(Bryce) don't show up :(  I have changed my background to a light blue(which works well for all other extensions) but when I click on an .obp the background reverts to black and no model can be seen either by zooming or any other method.  Have I missed something? And yes, I have my associations checked off accordingly :)

yarp ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:58 PM

Hi dlk30341, unfortunately P3dO is not able to read Bryce files (the format specs has not been published and appears to be a bit complicated). The only thing P3dO is able to do with Bryce is to show thumbnails for Bryce scenes by using Bryce Bitmap renders.

For a detailed lists of P3dO supported formats look here (3D Mesh section): http://www.senosoft.com/p3doproFileFormat.php

As for the association, you may associate any file format you want with P3dO I just meant unchecking one would be problematic, so you have to make sure.

Will there be an OBP support in future ? I would really like to. Last time I contacted Daz about this they said they were organizing themselves and weren't sure of the specs. Well, it was not a 'no', that's the good point and it was a long time ago.

I also tried to decode Carrara 2 times (means it cost me 2 weeks of work before I give up) but the internal file format is a bit complicated and there's something I didn't catch. The Carrara team was cooperative, this time the problem is me. I will probably spent another week on this but I need some spare time because a failure means nothing new in P3dO and I can't afford it (same for Bryce).

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 1:14 PM

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 12:23 AM · edited Fri, 13 April 2007 at 12:24 AM

Those file formats appear in the file association list because it works like a kind of filter only showing interesting files (btw There's now a "Show all files" option which I forgot to mention) but support (thumbnails, preview) is sometimes more problematic.
I tend not to add file formats P3dO doesn't support unless they can't be ignored (like max). But there's a minimal support for Bryce.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.