Mon, Sep 16, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: maybe the awesomest new render technology in years!

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2008 at 3:37 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

[ www.randomcontrol.com/index.php

](http://www.randomcontrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=88)Ok, i know this is OT, but several people here might remember the rumours about maxwell render getting a version for bryce? Well there is another renderer in the same field of maxwell, called 'fryrender' its also an unbiased photon-based render engine. 

Well now these people made a new tool, called fryrender SWAP which allows you to replace materials on models, including parameters such as reflections, blurryness, bumpmaps, diffusion, textures, fall-off, glossyness, etc. and see the results in final render quality in real time! including effects on indirect illumination etc.

It's the coolest new development i've seen in a long time! Imagine rendering your bryce scene once, seeing a texture u want to tweak, tweak the texture, and get the result instantly in real time without the need for re-rendering! That would be so cool! And thats exactly what this program does.. now if only they would make a version for bryce...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

wildman2 ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2008 at 11:29 PM

That room in their gallery looks like a photo.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

johnyf ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2008 at 12:29 AM

That's amazing. Yeah, if only there were a Bryce version!
The price at first looks a little off putting, but when you consider exactly what is achieved, it's really quite cheep!
.........If only!

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2008 at 7:06 AM

295 euros???? is that a steal or what?..i'm not so sure..i'd miss my coffee breaks..or spider soiltaire time.
if only it was cheaper.....

johnyf ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2008 at 1:22 PM

Rosie....I agree with you, the cost is well out of my league!
When I say it's cheep, I mean, for those who can afford and actual use one of the high end app's, then the price isn't too bad. Just think what a professional CG artist/illustrator could do with this and the time and money they would save, then, for them, it becomes cheep, and I would imagine, very soon become a must have piece of software!

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2008 at 2:40 PM

I think this piece of software probably pays itself back within 1 or 2 arch viz projects actually.. for a pro using high-end apps that is.. but indeed for the hobby bobs like ourselves it is expensive :(

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2008 at 8:53 AM

Maybe if they ever get an API for getting stuff out bryce you could use Indigo Render, it uses metropolis light transform - photo real output currently free...

BTW 295 euro is only for the SWAP function, I read it that you already have to own  a fry master license at 795 euro....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2008 at 4:25 AM

Well I bought Maxwell renderer, because it had a RHino plugin (my fave modeller), and Vue and Bryce plugins were said to be coming...Vue and Bryce plugins were nixed, GAAAAAAH!!! :(

It's amazing renderer but a totla PIA to use the materials, urf. Fryrenderer looks easier to use, but well, money...

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 9:47 AM

silverblade, you find the materials in maxwell to be difficult? i thought they were pretty easy to handle.. which things are confusing you?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 2:12 PM

It's easy to apply a preset, but the way they work, if you wish to make yer own...meh!? :/

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2008 at 4:41 PM

well its different then bryce.. but the manual gives a decent explaination of the general concept. Basically reflection and diffusion are kind of the same thing in maxwell. what we'd call diffusion in bryce, is just really diffuse reflection in maxwell. Specular highlights are achieved by reflecting light sources or bright objects, just like in real life, its again a reflective effect in maxwell. Maybe its easier when keeping that in mind?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.