Sat, Sep 7, 1:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 3:44 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: SteamPunk StageCoach freebie

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 8:54 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 1:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

file_501129.jpg

A steampunk poser model with a cool twist! This one is inspired by Tom Brogden's fully working replica of Richard Trevthick's 1803 London Steam Carriage, as displayed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Akin to the original and replica, the engine on this 3d model is made from wrought iron polygons and all the woodwork carved from the finest Carrara vertexes. Download via the link above

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 8:55 PM

file_501130.jpg

Heres the real one...

file_501131.jpg

Unlike other modes of transporation, such as the dashed infernal combustion engine (which can exceed the fatal speed of 30 MPH due to lack of air), this coach has a safe maximum speed of just 10 MPH. Plus a high exhaust stack means noxious fumes will be vented away from any passing horses and small children. As well as featuring ultra comfortable seating with leather strap suspension, this poser version also has many modelled details. Such as bolts, accurate cogs & driving rods, steering, and even the beer barrel tribute as seen on the real replica.This attention to detail extends to the textures, such as including ash in the firebox.

file_501132.jpg

Overall this model is spiffingly perfect for any gentleman who likes to travel around town in the latest form of mechanised convenveyance. Though ladyfolk should be aware when alighting or exiting the coach that their ankles can be visible.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 9:05 PM

Beautiful work!

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 10:00 PM

Very nice..thanks a bunch....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 10:42 PM

Rather exquisitely done, Sir.

Eternal Hobbyist

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2014 at 11:26 PM

Excellent modeling, and great likeness to the original.  Well done.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

heddheld ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 3:42 AM

nice work!! think a little more gloss on the bodywork ;-) but its so hard to get servants these days lol

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 3:52 AM

Thank You for a lovely Steampunk coach

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 9:15 AM

great work  thanks  bunches

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 1:27 PM

That's just beautiful - thanks!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

vilian ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 1:38 PM

Supercool! Recently I'm slowly sinking into steampunk theme, so any Poser steampunk-ish toys are highly welcomed, especially of your quality craftmanship ^.^

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 2:53 PM

file_501153.jpg

A small modification ...

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2014 at 1:31 AM

Nice job! Just dropped in to see what my condition was in and found a nice freebie just waiting here for me...lol

mrsparky ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2014 at 9:42 PM

Thanks everyone glad you're enjoying it! BTW if anyone here could help with rigging this I reckon that would make it even better. I did make it so all the parts "should" work, but it might need some ERC on the curved bar-thingy that converts the pushing motion from the engine into circular motion. Just don't ask whats it's called :) Darth - nah mentally challenged is taking the wheels from the Toilet Racer Freebie and putting them on this one :) Marque - nice to see you around again.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2014 at 10:10 AM

file_501314.jpg

Here it is in Terragen3

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2014 at 6:30 PM

bobbystahr - nice work there. I know these freebies work in the usual suspects like poser/vue/studio and the big boys like max/lightwave/keyshot, but to be straight I never thought about Terragen. I always thought that was a landscape app, so nice to be surprised!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2014 at 8:17 PM · edited Mon, 27 January 2014 at 8:18 PM

It's everything except a modeler for me lately man....it does killer animation as well, if slowly....

try the demo man...you'll quite like it me thinks...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Greymom ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2014 at 10:00 PM

Excellent model - many thanks!

Always looking for more Steampunk.

Greymom

mrsparky ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2014 at 8:35 PM

greymom - thanks bobbystahr - if it's anything like the eariler versions of vue I will.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.