Sat, Sep 7, 8:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:24 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Cloth Room - Flag falls to ground - won't attach to flag pole.

fldrummerman ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 9:45 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 7:52 AM

I made a flag from the hi res square primitive, then made a flagpole. I parented the flag to the flag pole, but when I try to clothify the flag, it always falls to the ground. I changed the hierarchy so that the flag pole was above the flag, but it keeps falls. I tried to work with the constrained setting because that is where I think the answer is, but i never got the flag to stick to the pole. Any suggestions?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 9:54 AM

You need to go into the grouping tool and select a line of polygons down the side of the flag closest to the pole that you can set as "constrained" (remember to give that group of polys a name). That way those few will stay put and the rest of the flag will flop or flap like it's suppose to.

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 3:56 PM

😄 So nice to see everyone jumping in to help out in here. Thank you. 👍

saibabameuk ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 6:11 AM

Any way to make the flag blow in the wind?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 7:22 AM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 7:22 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Use a wind force object

1 load your flag

2 load the wind force (under the objects menu)

3 Position the wind force to the direction you want your wind blowing.

4 You'll need to increase the range. Unless the flag is for ants, the default range is way too short

5 You'll probably also want to increase the amplitude. That's the strength of the wind

6 go into the cloth room and create a new simulation and clothify the flag

7 set the flag to collide with the wind

8 set and constraints as discussed above.

9 run simulation

10 adjust the amplitude

Here is what I got with my wind settings. I didn't have a good flag so I used the high-res square and choreographed the corners to simulate it being stuck in a pole.

I did need to add more frames to the simulation. This one didn't start flying until about frame 50. I did 300 frames and this frame is 291. If you need more detailed instructions for setting up the cloth room, let me know and I'll post them later today.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.