Sat, Sep 7, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:19 am)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Spring Blender Open Movie - Made in Blender 2.8

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 1:51 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 5:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhWc3b3KhnY
Uploaded a few hours earlier I suppose. Found it this evening on Youtube. Thought you will enjoy the show as I did.
Happy viewing.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 3:16 PM

OMG, that was fantastic!! Thanks for posting the link Yarp. Since I started in 3D with Bryce, seeing such fantastic landscaping done in Blender was a joy to watch. Very well done. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

SilentWinter ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 6:22 PM

That was awesome! Cheers for the link 😃

I had the same thought as Miss B re: Bryce, Blender and landscapes.

Wish I had the time, patience, skill, and imagination to do something like this 😅 Looking forward to the stable release of 2.8 (though I hear it's pretty stable now, I've only toyed with it a bit - it's great so far).

Silent Winter's Facebook Page:

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 6:35 PM

I'm also waiting for the stable release of 2.8, though I'll probably have to update my laptop before then, as my OpenGL isn't current enough, and I don't think I can get one for this old puppy that'll work. It's time for a new laptop anyway, so I'll use this as a good incentive to get one. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 11:34 PM

Hi Miss B, I recently upgraded a rather old laptop by simply replacing its old HD with a SSD. The machine that took more than 3 minutes to boot now starts in less than 30 seconds. Instead of purchasing a new machine you could consider chaging the HD, adding RAM and changing the graphic card. The laptop was 8 years old. Replacing the HD with SSD cost less than 100$ at a local computer store here and upgrading the RAM is a bit less. Except for rendering theses 2 steps will greatly improve your computer for a modest cost.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 9:57 AM
Forum Moderator

I just saw it last night and it was pretty amazing thanks for sharing yarp 👏

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:49 PM · edited Sat, 06 April 2019 at 2:49 PM

yarp posted at 3:46PM Sat, 06 April 2019 - #4349542

Hi Miss B, I recently upgraded a rather old laptop by simply replacing its old HD with a SSD. The machine that took more than 3 minutes to boot now starts in less than 30 seconds. Instead of purchasing a new machine you could consider chaging the HD, adding RAM and changing the graphic card. The laptop was 8 years old. Replacing the HD with SSD cost less than 100$ at a local computer store here and upgrading the RAM is a bit less. Except for rendering theses 2 steps will greatly improve your computer for a modest cost.

It's certainly something to think about, except I bought this laptop too quickly when my old one died, and it's much larger, and heavier, than what's out there today, so taking it out of the house is just not an option anymore. I'm also looking to switch from Win7 to Linux, so I think a brand new, lighter, slightly smaller in size, laptop is in order.

That doesn't mean I'll dump this one, as I may use this for watching videos and such, especially tutorial videos, so we shall see how I progress in that respect.

Butterfly Dezignz

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 12:19 AM
That doesn't mean I'll dump this one, as I may use this for watching videos and such, especially tutorial videos, so we shall see how I progress in that respect.

Yep, this is what I have done too. I am using my previous computer for all the web stuff. My newer computer (1 year old) is dedicated to 3D.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 9:03 AM
Forum Moderator

I had to replace my old HP laptop that still had Vista on it and thank god i finally did worse machine I ever have dealt with. I picked a new Lenevo Yoga 730 15 inch it is the lightest laptop I have ever had and it is touch screen and can be used as a drawing table as well one of the main reason I got it they have been going on and off sale very frequently during the last few months and I would highly recommend it and it can be configured many ways at time of purchase if you buy from Lenevo

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 1:19 PM

I skipped Windows Vista because of all the bad comments I was seeing about it when it first came out. I've heard good things about the Lenovo, but my current laptop is a 15", and is too large. I preferred my old 13" Dell, as I don't use the number pad on a computer, so it's a waste of space.

Butterfly Dezignz

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 4:30 PM
Forum Moderator

The Lenovo does come in 13 as well I was looking and comparing the 15 I got to the Surface pro and and what swayed me was the fact that did not have to pay extra for a keyboard lol since what I paid for the Lenovo was a bit lower in price that the base Surface with out a keyboard plus had a bit of luck my wife was issued one from her school since she is a teacher and I played with hers for a few days and just fell in love with it.

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 5:51 PM

Oh playing with the same model before buying is always a big plus, so the fact you already liked it before you bought it, made it easy for you to move over to the new laptop.

Butterfly Dezignz

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2019 at 8:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Miss B posted at 9:20PM Sun, 07 April 2019 - #4349685

Oh playing with the same model before buying is always a big plus, so the fact you already liked it before you bought it, made it easy for you to move over to the new laptop.

Oh it was, granted the one my wife has is 3 models back but was really amazed at how light and darn fast that it would boot up and the keyboard folding all the way to make it feel like a tablet and also like the 3 levels of security on it to just log into it even at home I am maybe a tad over the top security conscience but the fact the the features are there and available just cater to my geek side lol.

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.