Sat, Sep 7, 8:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 11:54 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Annoying Pop Ups

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 6:50 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 6:26 PM

Is there a way to turn off the annoying pop ups that have started appearing at the bottom of my screen...?

TIA.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

DustRider ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 9:12 AM

I use Chrome on my PC and Adblock Plus (free) made them go away. Now I need to get an add blocker for my tablet, they are a lot more intrusive on it. I was going to just "go away", but I'm not real happy with the direction DAZ is going either (why I started spending more here).

It's probably time to just go a different direction with my 3D hobby. When time allows,  I might just consider moving everything to Blender. I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy without buying for quite a while.  Definitely time to take another look at other options like Unreal and iClone too.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Syniztur ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 10:22 AM

Use the Brave browser... cuz to hell with your "testing" and bullshit popup annoying  junk. It's crap like this which causes people to ditch a service/product/site, because you annoy your customer into oblivion. As if all the complaints from the previous time wasn't enough of a hint... serious, test your junk on a something other than a working site.

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2022 at 4:03 AM

Thank you both, appreciated...

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

gsil247 ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2022 at 12:40 PM

I thought I caught some kind of malware when these started popping up. Damn that scared me. I guess renderosity is turning into one of those fishy scam website. Next thing you know I'll get a message on renderosity saying, 500+ women want to meet you. I don't like this at all and might want to think about just getting products elsewhere. This is really annoying and frustrating every time I click on a page. Its like my dad use to say; if you keep upsetting people enough, eventually there gonna leave. 

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 7:27 AM

oh, I thought I had gotten malware too, tried just about everything to get rid of the pop-ups! Needless to say, I have been avoiding Rendo on my cell phone since this started.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 8:40 AM · edited Thu, 10 March 2022 at 8:41 AM

very difficult to post here on iPad and impossible to shop

edit

dunno what I did but it's gone for now, after that post

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 1:58 PM

I will add that using a mobile device to view the site is a real pain now with the pop-up ads.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 5:49 AM

I started seeing 'em a few days ago, too.  This was the only site where I didn't use an Ad blocker, but that's changed now.  Oh well.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

esjaka ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 7:35 AM

Hopefully what magically turned up on our screens last month will magically disappear next month.... Here's hoping!!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2022 at 4:10 AM
RodS ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 5:09 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2022 at 5:09 PM

x9EMNE4w0Tgt8GMxeYl8LPIxeQJLIusk1ile10Zq.jpg

Just sayin'....... 😥

Look, I know everyone wants to increase revenue, and these *&^%$#@ pop-ups are one way to do that. But.... How much are you willing to sacrifice for the few cents you probably get for these obnoxious things?

And no... I'm not leaving. I have too many good friends here that I'd miss.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2022 at 7:39 AM

And speaking of non-sense: I constantly received Genesis-related ads. ou know what? I will NEVER BUY ANY GENESIS characters, except to support a friend: Passion3D... Wait, wait, wait: he can't sell anymore for incomprehensible reasons.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2022 at 12:34 PM

I'm not going to waste any more time in these forums. No one in a position to make a difference seems to care. So be it.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Alexis978 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2022 at 5:53 PM

Yeah, these ads can be really annoying sometime like you can't even do anything because of them 

andrew656 ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 1:37 AM · edited Tue, 06 June 2023 at 1:38 AM

Use the Brave browser... cuz to hell with your "testing" and bullshit popup annoying  junk. It's crap like this which causes people to ditch a service/product/site, because you annoy your customer into oblivion. As if all the complaints from the previous time wasn't enough of a hint... serious, test your junk on a something other than a working site.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 2:13 AM

I have Adblocker Ultimate on Firefox; it tells me it is blocking 5 on this page.

Sophia123 ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 3:40 AM

I thought I caught some kind of malware when these started popping up. Damn that scared me. I guess renderosity is turning into one of those fishy scam website. Next thing you know I'll get a message on renderosity saying, 500+ women want to meet you. I don't like this at all and might want to think about just getting products elsewhere. This is really annoying and frustrating every time I click on a page. Its like my dad use to say; if you keep upsetting people enough, eventually there gonna leave. 

Alexander12345 ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 4:10 AM

oh, I thought I had gotten malware too, tried just about everything to get rid of the pop-ups! Needless to say, I have been avoiding Rendo on my cell phone since this started.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.