Sat, Sep 7, 8:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:24 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: add photos to background?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 3:24 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 6:04 PM

how add my photos to background selection?

I have this scene with an open window I want to put a sky photo behind it as background, but when I do file>import>background it cannot find my photo collection. I looked in the Manual and find absolutely no help. perhaps here someone has solved this problem?

ebMivlSIBdA39qRtiILgeGeWKb52CYFy6vi9vJpy.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 4:51 PM

File, Import, Background should give you an option to browse to your photograph. What do you mean it can't find it? You need to manually point to it.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 6:26 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 6:26 PM

NICE thought, chia, and I'm trying but...how can I pinpoint and capture the named photo?

vGnlwcHNmZ5PldqNx4YJ73m9kzXQIBbZq8bcrUVW.png

M2NOqRiKZQPHbYwOuyVA2EKSyS7XIhhLX44P4Wc9.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:29 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:34 PM

To locate 'DSC_0005.jpg', you should be aware of its location once you connect your camera or SD card. An embedded name or title won't show up in a search unless the file has been renamed. Considering the dimensions of the image, it may be too large for Poser. For a background photo, resizing for a window render isn't possible. Instead, you should place the photo on a flat plane and position it behind the window prop.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:35 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:35 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Here's examples of what Rhia said

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:52 PM

To add to RedPhantom's excellent screenies: you need to single click on Import, then single click on Background picture; then doubleclick on the picture from your list of images to select it when you have it and you need to single click on the YES button on the last screenshot.

Also, although we are both PC users, I doubt it works differently on a MAC.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 8:33 PM

When you want to see the background picture in the render, you will also need to hide the GROUND object.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.